• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I fought the LAW and I WON!

Atomic

After a day of reading all the happy, wondeful and enlightening news from our beloved media, you SIR (and your duce) MADE ME SMILE! :driver:

Good win!

Bighurt

I'm not a big fan of non OD trucks....but that rig is sweet. Mind sharing some are those 395's...

Looks great...

Nice win!

No.2Diesel

Hey FDNY,

I'm glad to see your enjoying your truck, it looks great. [thumbzup] I also say thank you and give you alot of credit for being the first to apply, making a good argument and winning. I will share this info with the other guys and we'll have a beach bivouc/convoy in the future. :beer: Ha, around here $75 is pocket change. Unlike the west-coast, LI's beaches and waterfront are 99.9% privately owned so access is limited in certain areas (which isn't always a bad thing haha :p .) Only portions of the barrier islands have long stretches of public beach.

I had never even considered pursuing that permit cuz' hearsay from everyone kept telling me there was a maximum vehicle weight restriction and tire dia. restriction... maybe that was for certain Town beaches...

It looks like the 395s did just fine on the sand. :p Thanks for posting the pics!

Oh, is that a Piping Plover/Tern colony over there?! :driver: vvrroommm! haha just joking :p

scootertrs

Know what??? maybe I am just partial to Fire Trucks... But there is something about an M35 in Fire dress that is just, well... special... of course the eye candy on the fender doesn't hurt... Keep up the good work

pyrogod117

What kind of tires are they? I know people said 395s, but what brand/model? And that is a sweet truck.

Just out of curiousity, I'm assuming you work on 129 Truck because of your username, but your truck says House of Pain which is 112 Truck and 277 Engine. Was that your old house or something?

FDNY129

Ok, here's a quick reply, hopefully I answer all the questions:

1- I WANTED an OD truck with a white star, however, when this truck presented itself to me through a member here on SS, I simply COULD NOT turn it down. It was in great condition, and being a fireman, I fell for RED.

2 - I aired down, just for my first time out on the sand, because I didn't want to be that cocky idiot that goes charging out and gets stuck with the biggest truck on the beach. I would have looked fairly pathetic if I got stuck, and since I had never tested those wheels, I was going to do it the safe way. It did so well with minimal air-down, that now I don't touch the pressure at all, I just drive right out at 65 PSI, which is how I'm running on pavement.

3 - The name "House of Pain" has nothing to do with my FD affiliation, its much older than that, back to the early 90's. I couldn't name my rig the same as another, just wouldn't be right in my eyes.

4 - The 395's I'm running are The Goodyear MV/T. With patience, I did a lot of research and browsing before I picked a set. For my application (sand) this tread seemed to be the best pick, plus I love the open side lugs, they just look bad ass!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks