• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I found out my deuces’ name is Bert

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, what does a Bert look like?

Ok, Lonsome715... You asked, so here's a Pic.
And for those that followed... Here's Ernie and Rubber Ducky too.

(Bert's the tall one on the right)

I once helped work on a VW Hippy Bus that had a log of all of it's travels inscribed on the interior of the sheetmetal. A complete record of concerts with band names, dates, and who rode to the event. Rather than sandblasting and doing a complete restore, the written history was preserved under clearcoat before a new interior was installed over it. A photo record was also compiled for an on-board album of the notes she carries.

Attachments

Lonesome715

That's a snap shot in time nice find. I wonder what else you can find out on its history. A friend of mine was able to trace his 1911 gov colt 45 to a little place called Baton.In 1942 it was hidden before the Japs over ran the island . Then recovered after it was liberated. God only knows the stories these Military items could tell. I guess that's why It bothers me to see people chop, gut and in short butcher historical artifacts with out a thought of its historical contribution . Not to say they don't have the right to do so . Its great to give these things a new life and purpose again. Nothing but nothing is as sad as a bone military bone yard with all its contents rusting away. It still pisses me off to see our trucks, tanks ,boats and ect in the hands of third world countries, Not to mention North Vietnam and North Korea Even the Philipines For goodness sake Somalia the bad guy breading ground. Far too many to places think about. Thanks for GL not going international. I hope the recent lock down on the M35A2s aren't leaving home .

Most of the time these trucks are left behind. So locating one with war time history that one can track down has to be tough.

WPNS421

That's a snap shot in time nice find. I wonder what else you can find out on its history. A friend of mine was able to trace his 1911 gov colt 45 to a little place called Baton.In 1942 it was hidden before the Japs over ran the island . Then recovered after it was liberated. God only knows the stories these Military items could tell. I guess that's why It bothers me to see people chop, gut and in short butcher historical artifacts with out a thought of its historical contribution . Not to say they don't have the right to do so . Its great to give these things a new life and purpose again. Nothing but nothing is as sad as a bone military bone yard with all its contents rusting away. It still pisses me off to see our trucks, tanks ,boats and ect in the hands of third world countries, Not to mention North Vietnam and North Korea Even the Philipines For goodness sake Somalia the bad guy breading ground. Far too many to places think about. Thanks for GL not going international. I hope the recent lock down on the M35A2s aren't leaving home .
Now you know why the Steel Soldiers and the MVPA exist because thousands of people think like we all do.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
YouTube Music Video: The Sesame Street Rubber Ducky Song....
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh85R-S-dh8[/media]

Actually, the Rubber Ducky song was a smash hit by Ernie, not Bert.

As for Bert the Deuce NOT being a "Happy Boy" - I fully agree. Bert the Deuce sounds more like a card shark.

And, before our beloved mods are sprung into action for this thread wandering tooooo far from the MV/Camo theme that we really ought to remain focused upon.... here is some photographic evidence that Rubber Duckies suffer from the OD Addiction just like the rest of us................

I'm thinking of hanging one from the windshield wiper set inside that cab or possibly a hood ornament:wink:

Attachments

redcoat54th

When I was in the service a rubber duckie was a rubber and steel training M16 rifle. I just bought one to arm the deuce with. Here is a pic. So............ Rubber ducky was not too far away from the MV hobby.

Attachments

southdave

Oh, I see. That is kind of funny.

I will say for the record Bert the Deuce is not gay.
Denile isn't just a river eygpt. lol Ask yourself doese your truck accessorize alot is concern more about looking youthful and the latest fashion , than running well? doese he hang out with other dueces alot. and has alot of vw bugs as just friends.

JCKnife

When I was in the service a rubber duckie was a rubber and steel training M16 rifle. I just bought one to arm the deuce with. Here is a pic. So............ Rubber ducky was not too far away from the MV hobby.
By "training" do you mean non-functional? It's a dummy gun?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks