• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I got a KNUCKLE BOOM !! Need mesurments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me add my 2cents. I have an M108 deuce crane. While I really like the truck, I really dislike the fact that if I want to go fetch something, I need to take a trailer. Sometimes taking the trailer is practical but there are times it really sucks. Even if you only have a 6' bed, you could go and fetch an engine or the like without having to drag a trailer along. If it's something bigger, you can always take the trailer too. I've been around and used Cranetrucks deuce and can attest to the utilitarian nature of it having a bed. Unless there was a specific application that required me to have the 5th wheel, I'd keep a bed.

ODdave

I apreciate your veiw on the bed / hitch advice. Truthfully this truck isnt going to be used a lot for hauling parts, If at all. The primary use for this truck (for me) is to move stuff around the property and when we do scrap clean outs. As far as fetching parts, I just use my dodge.

The hitch is a bolt on anyway so if the truck gets sold & they want a bed, It will be an easy swap.

ODdave

Recovery was right ! Its getting a bed. After using it all day today, The bed makes more sence for now. I have a drop side that I think I will cut down for it.

Pic is from today moving Andys engines over to the trailer.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wow one whole pic huh? Please, try to be modest would ya!? I don't think we can handle all the great shots you are providing! I might just be tempted to go out and get one myself.

ODdave

Gimp, You still have drop side gates? Yea I'll get some more pics tomarrow. We plucked the body off of a 1009 today, Kinna cool to be able to grab it and move it off to the side insted of dissassembling the whole thing.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
OH CRAP! Don't cut drop-side bed-sides down! Especially if they have the bomb tie-down thingys on them. Let me get some pics and dimensions of the small sides I have. I am pretty sure they are from the 7ton trucks(mtvr?)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks