• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have decided CUCV's are the debil....the debil!

colelkhunter

I have done everything to my cucv in preparation for the cold months. Done every upgrade conversion that I know of. (doghead relay, glow plug switch,spin on fuel filter,fresh fluids and antifreeze) Went out this morning jumped in to go to the store and nothing, not even a whimper from the engine. Got pissed off, went to town in my bobbed deuce. Came home this afternoon, temp was lower than this morning, jumped in it and gave it one opportunity before i commenced the attack with the hammers. Fired right up........drove it over to auto parts place and they load tested the batteries. All was well. This has never happened before and i think I need to get a young priest and an old priest out to look at it instead of a mechanic.aua

Westech

CPL
could be..... but make sure the battery cable conections are good. I know they might look fine but if you have not done so get the little battery brush and clean everything again and use some good anti fuzz protector.

ralbelt

Are the battery terminals wire brushed and clean and tight. Are the grounds clean and tight.

Remember boys and girls, The first rule of owing a CUCV. If its rubber replace it. If its electrical clean it.

colelkhunter

after I drove it around for a bit I brought it home and checked everything. The batteries are less than a month old, new cables, ends and everything seemed fine. Still nice and tight before I removed and checked them again. Been sitting for about three hours now, went out and it fired right up. I will give the whole senario a retry in the morning. If the problem reappears I will have time to troubleshoot. This morning I did not.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replace the last part that you hit with your hammer, that made it start.

If that don't fix it, call your priest.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
could be..... but make sure the battery cable conections are good. I know they might look fine but if you have not done so get the little battery brush and clean everything again and use some good anti fuzz protector.
Now I've heard of all kinds of CUCV problems but I didn't know fuzz was an issue. Where does one get these anti-fuzz devices?

davidkroberts

ditto, every CUCV ive ownded has had electrical issues and none of the connections were in great shape. You should know this, during half of them you called me WHILE I was cussing it. I can see why you didnt call me to ask. You know I would have laughed at you.

:lol:.... okay im done laughing

BONG..... I christen thee an "official CUCV owner" complete with the ability to.... wait for it

1. wonder why the thing isnt starting this time
  2. watch all the pretty dash lights light up except for the one that allows the altenator to charge
  3. wonder why some random electrical connection on the firewall is smoking
  4. and forever be mistified why anyone would put that many electrical connections in a military vehicle
Signed,
your friend Dave

colelkhunter

i plan to start a new tech post and It better make it to a sticky on the tech pages here. ADDING HOLY WATER TO YOUR CUCV TO WARD OFF BAD JU-JU AND EVIL SPIRITS....

Step one. Add holy water to radiator.
Step two. Pray it starts
Step three. If if doesn't start refer to step two and repeat.

Maybe it would help if I had a dream catcher on my rear view mirror. First I need to get a rear view mirror I guess.

davidkroberts

you know maybe thats why they always sell swords and dreamcatchers at crappy truck stops..... one to ward off the evil spirits the other to fight them off if need be. We just answered our own question from the other days deuce recovery.

ragedracer

If I was a betting man, I'd say your starter relay (the one actually on the starter) is starting to go bad. I had that issue a while back. Sometimes just wouldn't do anything, but a little later it would go. After a while, I had to crawl under the truck and whack the relay with a hammer or wrench or whatever and it would go.

rango

What do you want for her and were it she located at ?Reply at usmc249@hotmail.com or call (602)769-4243 My name is Ken Adams
why would you even post this? the OP never once mentioned wanting to sell the vehicle

hes just b!tching about it not starting, **** i get pissed at other peoples vehicles that i work on that wont start for me, but i never suggest they sell it, nor do i say i want to sell my stuff when it doesn't start

to the OP i hope you get the problem resolved as im sure i will need to know what it might be when i get m CUCV lol :beer:

colelkhunter

there is always a scavenger lurking, to profit on someone's misfortune. Problem is I am hard headed and don't give up easily. Problem isn't rearing it's ugly head for now, but it will. When it does I will nail it down and fix it. Oh and just so you know, it isn't for sale, but i will take two m1031's and an M35a3 for it in trade..Even

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks