• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the Goat herd

combat32

Well radiator is in and I'm bushed, I have developed quite a bit of respect for the wheel mechs that worked on these trucks, everything is stupid hard.

2 days work and it seems like I haven't made much progress but I actually have.

I should be on the road to McDonalds by Friday:naner:

Attachments

combat32

Thanks for the advice, well screwed up again, mouted the radiator and shroud without the fan in, thinking i would slip it in last, no way jose, now i gotta take it back apart, I love this truck.

SgtMajHarper

I just absolutely love reading everyone else's posts about working on things and their useful pictures a few times before I venture out and cautiously consider doing anything to my trucks. For what it is worth......all of you guys have suffered and banged knuckles and cussed but not for in vain I assure you!!!

I have notes and lists of things to do and NOT to do all over the place based on those experiences you all made before me.

combat32

Glad i took mark in Maine's advice and filled up with water first, i had a regular old waterfall coming out the bottom of the truck.

Went under to get my bath and the drain plug at the bottom of the water pump housing was mia, had a brass plug that fit for now, i bet a petcock goes in there.

So far no other leaks!

Last edited:

combat32

I just absolutely love reading everyone else's posts about working on things and their useful pictures a few times before I venture out and cautiously consider doing anything to my trucks. For what it is worth......all of you guys have suffered and banged knuckles and cussed but not for in vain I assure you!!!

I have notes and lists of things to do and NOT to do all over the place based on those experiences you all made before me.

I used some fine swear words this week, thankfully no small children or nuns about:oops:

combat32

Making progress still, trying to get an hour or two in every day after work. Dash disassembled, I can save the speedo but will replace all the other gauges. Got my cut wiring harness all figured out now. Had to call m38inmaine for some advice and he came thru as usual.

Only 1000 things left,

Attachments

combat32

More progress, some setbacks, but that is normal in a project like this , something which I am sure you are all familiar with.

Charlie 6, I hope to have mine looking as good as yours, looks like your truck was a fire truck in it's previous life as well.

Got the fuel system buttoned up, except for the tanks which I am working on now. Starter relay is installed, this truck never had one installed before.

And I found a replacement light for my stop light on the instrument panel, mine was totally fubar, so I am using one out of a heater control box, it is the same except for the color, maybe some red magic marker to make it red? I have found no other replacements.

Attachments

Charlie 6

The brownish red is primer paint. My goat I believe came straight out of a national guard infantry brigade, according to the marking I found on it. I think Mississippi. It had 1980 camo paint scheme so I don’t believe local fire department or forest service touched it.
anyone can figure out the marking.52D8F166-F00E-4E7E-9DFC-4FF845C2D371.jpg34CCAD0F-26CF-46D8-8A01-8F3ACFBCDDF0.jpgB4013A44-CA1E-4892-A4D3-CDF91C5FC59E.jpg86929751-C582-4520-AC09-B0DBFB57AD71.jpgAAAC5CA9-26C7-4583-8422-1D819AA61CF2.jpg52D8F166-F00E-4E7E-9DFC-4FF845C2D371.jpg52D8F166-F00E-4E7E-9DFC-4FF845C2D371.jpgB4013A44-CA1E-4892-A4D3-CDF91C5FC59E.jpgBF0B8AA0-7110-42E8-B48F-BFD6923FE1FA.jpg

Last edited:

combat32

Looks like a nice truck, I see NG which I'm sure is National Guard and what looks like BDE which would be brigade, cant make out the rest.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks