I just won this M1082 2013 Oshkosh

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Slate

Active member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
531
186
43
Location
Ozona Texas
If you don't have an intervehicle cable that is 12pin to 12pin then you would need to fab something up.
Standard 4 wire trailer spool scotchlokd into the tail lights of the deuce and magnet leds on the trailer. 800mi round trip in a deuce wouldn't be worth the trailer to me.
It will be an adventure for sure. Standard intervehicular cable I think I can find one. Thank you Gentlemen.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

Bill Nutting

Active member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
164
173
43
Location
Chesterfield, Mi.
If your M925 is in good shape, why wouldn’t you tow this trailer with that? A couple of air lines and an inter-vehicle cable and you’re all set. Once you get it home do you plan to use it behind your 925?
 

Slate

Active member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
531
186
43
Location
Ozona Texas
Towing with a 3/4 ton Duramax is fine if you are easy on the Brakes. Only smoked them once in 400miles.IMG_20200613_121128883.jpgIMG_20200613_121110010.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

Slate

Active member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
531
186
43
Location
Ozona Texas
The M-1082 weighs more than the Duramax. 6500 vs 6000ish, right? How is it possibly OK to tow that load with no brakes?
Drive without brakes untill you need them. Avoid cities. Use downshifting to slow down. Been pulling loads like this for years. Mostly on rural roads and dirt. Do I recommend it to some that has never pulled anything. No. Don't exceed 55 on highway stay around 30 or less in town.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

Coug

Well-known member
757
353
63
Location
Olympia/WA
The M-1082 weighs more than the Duramax. 6500 vs 6000ish, right? How is it possibly OK to tow that load with no brakes?
Hope and pray nothing jumps out into the road in front of you. If it does, run it over and keep driving.
Either that or lock up the truck brakes, jackknife, and run over whatever jumped in front of you.
Third option is be prepared to run into the ditch.

If everything goes right it can be done, as he just proved. But just because something CAN be done doesn't make it safe or legal.

In Texas no trailer brakes is legal under 15k lbs if you keep it below 30mph.
 

NEIOWA

Well-known member
1,158
36
48
Location
NE IOWA
Drive without brakes untill you need them. Avoid cities. Use downshifting to slow down. Been pulling loads like this for years. Mostly on rural roads and dirt. Do I recommend it to some that has never pulled anything. No. Don't exceed 55 on highway stay around 30 or less in town.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
83% of the time you won't loose playing russian roulette. But Darwin is a betch and the other 17% of the time is really would suck.
 

FloridaAKM

Well-known member
2,549
57
48
Location
Gainesville, Florida
I pulled a M1082 home from a distance of about 40 miles & know better than to attempt to try it with a Toyota Tacoma which is insane. The Deuce got a good work out on that trip & until the road got a few hills in front of me, you couldn't tell the trailer was there. The hills were a reminder that the trailer was still back there.

Personally, I would not pull the M-1082 with anything smaller than the Deuce, but that is because of not wanting to have to deal with a DOT guy or become involved in a wreck due to someone's attention being on their phone & not the road. This is just a choice I made @ the time.
 

tobyS

Well-known member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4,301
135
63
Location
IN
You guys missed my post about bringing home a m1095 with my S10. Or was that bringing home an S10 in a M1095 ? Darn altheimers....I don't have an S10.
 
Last edited:

Slate

Active member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
531
186
43
Location
Ozona Texas
Hopefully I won't be doing that again Maybe by this time next year I'll have an LMTV to pull it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 
Top
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks