• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I like to dive head first into ownership, how about you?

shadow1

I just picked up a 923a2 from Ft. Lewis thru I P and couldn't be happier with it. It needed a jump start got fuel in it drove it 400 miles to N. Idaho and it ran like a clock. They said the CTIS didn't work but it does and said it had a transmission leak but its not leaking. Go figure. O and the batteries took a charge on the drive home and work great. Anyway I love this truck. Good luck with yours.

88sport

It got home! Shadow1, my experience was good as well. The guy jumped it for us, we checked the tires and stuff, and off we went, no blinkers, but whatever, the headlights work and the tail lights work, as well as the windshield wipers, so I was set to go into the storm that we had coming back. I topped it off and it only used about half a tank getting back the 120 or so miles up hills and everything. No leaks, no real issues with driving it in the high range at all, it actually ran like a bat outta ****! I just need to get something done about the seats because my ass goes numb as they are right now, of course, not having an ass doesn't help :p

Thank you all for your help and advice, it is appreciated!

Attachments

shadow1

Good looking truck !!! So far the only problem I've had is that IP didn't put the year of the truck on the SF97 and DMV would n't take it but IP fitting it now and I should have the new SF97 next week. So between the people at the base helping me out and IP fixing their mistake I am very pleased.
So not only being a lover of the big green machine, judging from your name you must be a Harley rider too ?

88sport

Good looking truck !!! So far the only problem I've had is that IP didn't put the year of the truck on the SF97 and DMV would n't take it but IP fitting it now and I should have the new SF97 next week. So between the people at the base helping me out and IP fixing their mistake I am very pleased.
Yeah, they didn't have a year for this one either and according to the insurance company it is a 1991, but the rustproofing plate says that it was done in 1983. Oh well.
So not only being a lover of the big green machine, judging from your name you must be a Harley rider too ?
Ehh, no. Actually it's because my first vehicle was a 1988 Dodge Dakota Sport and that was the handle I created for the forum related to that and I have been using it for every forum since then. I wouldn't be opposed to it being for a Harley though :D

Actually, I have an issue right now where all 4 batteries have become completely dead. Like 1.something volts dead and won't take a charge. Is there an effective way to rebuild these batteries? I've been calling around asking about 6TL group batteries and I am looking at over $200 each right now. Is there a cheaper alternative? I did a search through the forums and the classifieds section to no avail of anything currently for sale that was cheaper.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

I just need to get something done about the seats because my ass goes numb as they are right now, of course, not having an ass doesn't help :p
Not to worry, the feeling will return to your butt...eventually. I drove my Deuce from Sacramento to Denver about 8 years ago...just got the feeling back in my butt maybe about last June. ;-)

shadow1

I bought some shackles from a guy over in washington that had some good used mil. battery for sale. But thats a long way to send them heavy things. I don't know if you can rebuilt them, you may end up buying new ones. Maybe someone in our area in the parts for sale section has some good used ones for sale. Good luck i hope it works out for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks