• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need to know about putting larger single radials on

texas30cal

We will see if there are any different ones on Monday, either way they will work, have complete machine and fab shop at our disposal including cnc. I am the machinist and the brother in law is the welder.

I do love Texas, need to spend more time there, I am interested in the contact info as well, I am very interested in any full LED light sets available, and it looks like there are Military/civi (24v/12v 7 pin)trailer light conector boxes hanging off those chassis that could come in handy. Thank you for bringing this to the group!

texas30cal

I don't know how willing they will be to pull and ship parts but I can help, I had too much to do today so my brother in law went up there and spoke to the boss about the tires, $150 on steel and $175 on aluminum, you pick for condition.
They are at premier metal buyers in Brenham Texas, 979-830-9060
pm me if there is anything I can do to help, I will be going up there either tomorrow or Thursday to get a set of 7 and some led lights. Is there anything else on those trucks that we know of that can be useful on a m35?

Last edited:

anonymous1

Wow that's a heck of a find! I've never cared for the FMTVs as a whole, but there are a lot of good components just sitting there. I wish I could find tires for my Wagon like that!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back from Premier with a trailer load of 395s. They said I was the first buyer for these? Hello peeps we are talking BRAND NEW 395s on BRAND NEW rims for $150 ea. A huge THANK YOU to texas30cal for sharing this info!!!

texas30cal

You didn't get them all did you?! Glad to hear you got some, I have to go monday and get 8 for a forum member and 7 for myself, I should have had them already but life and work keep getting in the way

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You didn't get them all did you?! Glad to hear you got some, I have to go monday and get 8 for a forum member and 7 for myself, I should have had them already but life and work keep getting in the way
Didn't even make a dent in the supply. Most seem to be the aluminum rim from what I can tell. Thanks again.

texas30cal

No problem glad I could help, I actually thought about buying them all but I couldn't strike a deal for a better price if I took them all. I am going to get one set for a forum member, and help with getting them to him so let me see how it goes and I may be able to do so for others too. I have to get there Monday for his 8 and 7 for myself

ke5eua

No problem glad I could help, I actually thought about buying them all but I couldn't strike a deal for a better price if I took them all. I am going to get one set for a forum member, and help with getting them to him so let me see how it goes and I may be able to do so for others too. I have to get there Monday for his 8 and 7 for myself
Alright now, I'll be there Monday for my 7.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm starting to put the pieces of the puzzle together. These chassis that are being scrapped are what was left over when the 1700? Caimans were upgraded to independent suspension in 2010. So technically they are not new production, but low miles "take outs". Remember that the Caimans were based on the MTV chassis, and as such, use 10 hole Budd rim patterns, not the pattern found on the other aluminum MRAP wheels surplused lately. Also, the Caiman used 6.14 ratio, with a 65 mph top speed. It appears likely that the axle may be the same as FMTV, which may offer FMTV owners a cheap source for differentials to do a speed upgrade.

ke5eua

I will be up there Monday morning, if you are coming to town give me a call 979-830-5643
I'm leaving San Antonio, het with 818 in tow about 8 in the morning so that should put me getting there around 11ish.

I have been in contact with them and Blake told me they have 7 good ones for me.

I sent an email today, but it was probably too late, asking if they wanted my 11 ndts and let me mount the tires there on my 818.

texas30cal

Just finished picking out 15 excellent condition for myself and another member, they were backed up due to a machine breakdown but chad and mike (the owner) were very helpful. They are going to palletize and band for me so I can pick them up. Mike also told me that he has approx 500 more offsite that he has no room for. He is selling the led headlights for $25 and the taillights/amber turn signals also led for $15.

ke5eua

Just finished picking out 15 excellent condition for myself and another member, they were backed up due to a machine breakdown but chad and mike (the owner) were very helpful. They are going to palletize and band for me so I can pick them up. Mike also told me that he has approx 500 more offsite that he has no room for. He is selling the led headlights for $25 and the taillights/amber turn signals also led for $15.
I know, you got all the steel rims. Left me with aluminum rim.

Took me a while to find the place but what a site to see, all the frames and axles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks