• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need to know about putting larger single radials on

texas30cal

How much do the aluminum rims interfere with the drums? Could one put the inner half in a lathe and bore some clearance into it? Of course I wouldn't want to remove too much.

bonedoc

Texas30cal, I'm located in Northeast pa. Anyone pulling any leds and shipping them? I'd love a set of led headlights. I have taillights and turnsignals for my deuce.

Thanks

texas30cal

I pulled a bunch of stuff for a few guys here a while back but have not been able to ship, I am a one man atv/utv/motorcycle repair shop and have been swamped for months. I have been averaging 30+ units sitting here waiting to be worked on, along with being a single parent now there is just no time, I have about $900 tied up in it and I will check but I don't think there were any extra headlights, I pulled all I could get my hands on. I am making a little progress so hopefully after the deer season rush is over I can ship.

jmo111

Are these tires being talked about at scrape yard in Texas the MRAP aluminum type that gets used on deuces? I got some MRAP from another source , I'm not going to have a problem with wheel studs being short wiht peashooter adapters?
jmo111

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are these tires being talked about at scrape yard in Texas the MRAP aluminum type that gets used on deuces? I got some MRAP from another source , I'm not going to have a problem with wheel studs being short wiht peashooter adapters?
jmo111
No, these are 10 hole Budd pattern, but require special Budd nuts to use on a 5 ton. Nobody that I am aware of is making adapters to put these on 6 hole Budd axles. Thanks Michael for the pic.

Attachments

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After reading through this and seeing the pictures of the steel wheels (FMTV wheels), I purchased a lot of these off of GL a few years ago and they bolted right up to my five ton with no issues. I also took a set and re-centered them to fit on one of my deuces.

Last edited:

bonedoc

I pulled a bunch of stuff for a few guys here a while back but have not been able to ship, I am a one man atv/utv/motorcycle repair shop and have been swamped for months. I have been averaging 30+ units sitting here waiting to be worked on, along with being a single parent now there is just no time, I have about $900 tied up in it and I will check but I don't think there were any extra headlights, I pulled all I could get my hands on. I am making a little progress so hopefully after the deer season rush is over I can ship.

No problem, fully understand. If you do come across some drop me a line and if I'm still looking at that time I'll take 2 off your hands.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks