• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Needed Assistance, Fifth wheel trailer pickup Ft Polk Next Week!

My 5 ton is down for repairs and I have a 12 ton van trailer at Ft Polk, LA I need moved about 60 miles to Ragley LA just down LA 171. I will pay fuel and a fee to keep from loosing the item. Please email me at benjiewells@gmail.com if you may be able to help or have someone else who can.

Tuesday is an extension. Tomorrow was my ten day deadline, was going today. The sale was Jan 8th and took until last week to get the EUC cleared. I'd rather pay a SS member than give it back to the govt to sale again.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM or call Jeepsinker, that is his AO and he may know someone who can help or maybe he can. It is a 450 mile round trip for me at 6 mpg so I am not your best option. His phone is in his tagline or sig line or whatever it is called.

ke5eua

PM or call Jeepsinker, that is his AO and he may know someone who can help or maybe he can. It is a 450 mile round trip for me at 6 mpg so I am not your best option. His phone is in his tagline or sig line or whatever it is called.
I just saw this, I'll text him and see if he has seen the thread. I don't know if he has a bobtail up and running and I'm to far to do it. Last option would be goldeneagle.

ke5eua

That's the exact trailer! Sweet set up there!
Yeah I picked it up from the admin on here and I was in his area in the 450 so I just hooked it up. Anyone with a 5th wheel can technically get it, just needs to be a flatbed as it won't clear a truck bed like a camping trailer does.

It pulled great, especially after I flipped the 5th wheel around to put the pin weight closer to the wheel. Didn't have brakes but as long as you are aware and drive accordingly it it's that big of a deal.

I tried to find a picture of when I brought it to Texas, had a S250 shelter on the back of the truck and a trailer bed on the tongue of the 750 trailer. Was defiantly a sight, and a lot of weight.

I wish you the best in the recovery.

ke5eua

Ben, as I figured jeep doesn't have a bobtail to move it. I don't have golden eagles number but just pm him and see if he might be able to help out. Other option would be fuzzy, but like fuzzy and me we are in central texas so it would be a drive just to get to the trailer.

There is Juan in New Orleans but as far as I know he only has the cargo. Best best would either be CSM Davis out of hattiesbug or golden eagle.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MississippiRifle, that is a 6 ton trailer. 12 ton trailers have civi lighting hookups.

Michael, I pulled a 750 trailer off of Ft Hood back in the DRMO auction days with a gas F350 and a dolly converter. Had to abort when the rig would not go over 35 mph or stop within a mile.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any professional tow business will have tow lights.

ke5eua

MississippiRifle, that is a 6 ton trailer. 12 ton trailers have civi lighting hookups.

Michael, I pulled a 750 trailer off of Ft Hood back in the DRMO auction days with a gas F350 and a dolly converter. Had to abort when the rig would not go over 35 mph or stop within a mile.
I laughed a little when I read the last sentence, all I could think was, pfft he didn't want it bad enough, lol. Trust me, I wouldn't do it with a dolly with no brakes, that's just asking for trouble. Doing it like I did was fun in it's own.

Yeah I've pulled stuff with a dolly before and it is no fun without brakes!

I just listed on uship to see what I can get there. I'm still working on my 932 but I need a fan clutch assembly. Bearings are shot in the one I have. If I can get one in the next couple days and get it installed I may be able to make the run myself. Long run from South MS but it can be done!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks