• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I put 250 miles of back road Kansas Driving on the deuce today!

91W350

Obviously I have been picking the wrong times to go to Pillsbury Crossing!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grZVaYnPnUI&feature=related[/media]

Gives you a good view of the pools, crossing and waterfalls. I wonder how the state would feel about a hundred or so military vehicles showing up there. 8)

jsthnt@gmail.com

Looks like you had a great time. We had an original log cabin up by where the farm was but in the last five years I think it finaly gave up the gost.
I can see that I do not take enough pictures when I take trips in the deuce.

91W350

You have some fantastic history to share from your area. I learned a lot while Geocaching up there. You could share some photos and stories for sure!

91W350

Put another 200 on Tuesday, went to Riley for a preview, then to the antique car museum and finally took the dogs out to run. Having a few scrap five tons to steal fuel out of helps a lot! Glen

91W350

Thats not stealing Glen, Thats responsible recycling and draining all fluids before storing or scrapping !
We have to drain them before crushing them. He does not want to risk running the unknown fuel in his road fleet or in his crushing equipment, cannot say that I blame him. If my deuce slugs a filter, I carry two primaries and two secondaries all the time, no big deal. Most of his guys would call for a shop or wrecker. Unfortunately, you do not have to be willing to work on a truck to drive one. He told me to help myself.

I need an alternative plan now though, 20 coming in is going to quickly over run my storage capacity. I need to find a couple of free totes or something. Maybe some 55 gallon drums...

I take it with his blessing, sure do not want to see JP8 going to the recycler!

Speedwoble

Used to love Pillsbury Crossing when I was at K-state.
I took the 69 deuce in my sig out there a few times. Also had a VW Baja bug and used to try climbing the embankments where the water turns. The attached photos were from a trip I took from Ames,IA to Manhattan on motorcycle in '05.

It can be a photogenic place, both for vehicles and girls(in season)

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for sharing the pics Glen that looked like a truly wondeful day, great pics and a beautiful Deuce on top of it all Thanks my friend!
KK

Speedwoble

I need an alternative plan now though, 20 coming in is going to quickly over run my storage capacity. I need to find a couple of free totes or something. Maybe some 55 gallon drums...
Could you just unstrap the entire fuel tanks and lift off with a forklift? That way each one has the fuel pump inside, or are the 5 Tons different in this regard?