• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I put 250 miles of back road Kansas Driving on the deuce today!

91W350

Obviously I have been picking the wrong times to go to Pillsbury Crossing!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grZVaYnPnUI&feature=related[/media]

Gives you a good view of the pools, crossing and waterfalls. I wonder how the state would feel about a hundred or so military vehicles showing up there. 8)

jsthnt@gmail.com

Looks like you had a great time. We had an original log cabin up by where the farm was but in the last five years I think it finaly gave up the gost.
I can see that I do not take enough pictures when I take trips in the deuce.

91W350

You have some fantastic history to share from your area. I learned a lot while Geocaching up there. You could share some photos and stories for sure!

91W350

Put another 200 on Tuesday, went to Riley for a preview, then to the antique car museum and finally took the dogs out to run. Having a few scrap five tons to steal fuel out of helps a lot! Glen

91W350

Thats not stealing Glen, Thats responsible recycling and draining all fluids before storing or scrapping !
We have to drain them before crushing them. He does not want to risk running the unknown fuel in his road fleet or in his crushing equipment, cannot say that I blame him. If my deuce slugs a filter, I carry two primaries and two secondaries all the time, no big deal. Most of his guys would call for a shop or wrecker. Unfortunately, you do not have to be willing to work on a truck to drive one. He told me to help myself.

I need an alternative plan now though, 20 coming in is going to quickly over run my storage capacity. I need to find a couple of free totes or something. Maybe some 55 gallon drums...

I take it with his blessing, sure do not want to see JP8 going to the recycler!

Speedwoble

Used to love Pillsbury Crossing when I was at K-state.
I took the 69 deuce in my sig out there a few times. Also had a VW Baja bug and used to try climbing the embankments where the water turns. The attached photos were from a trip I took from Ames,IA to Manhattan on motorcycle in '05.

It can be a photogenic place, both for vehicles and girls(in season)

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for sharing the pics Glen that looked like a truly wondeful day, great pics and a beautiful Deuce on top of it all Thanks my friend!
KK

Speedwoble

I need an alternative plan now though, 20 coming in is going to quickly over run my storage capacity. I need to find a couple of free totes or something. Maybe some 55 gallon drums...
Could you just unstrap the entire fuel tanks and lift off with a forklift? That way each one has the fuel pump inside, or are the 5 Tons different in this regard?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks