• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I put Bio in my CUCV!

kentuckycucv

I have been mixing in filtered WVO and its been great... But I have changed a couple of filters and I didnt bleed it right... I read recently you should disconect the pink wire while cranking to get the air out.... My truck starts,,runs for 5 seconds, then acts like its out of fuel. Then I eventually keep cranking it and then it starts. Somebody sugested bleeding the injectors. The problem is air not biofuel.

superburban

KentuckyCUCV,
You may have a small crack in your fuel system somewhere before the fuel pump. With the thin, easy to pump diesel, it may be imperceptible, but when you get the thicker, harder to pump veggie in there, it may be drawing air into the system that builds up in the top of the fuel filter. I would suggest that you install a piece of clear hose on the return line on the top of the IP and observe it while the engine is running (after a thourough air-bleed session). Any air bubbes passing through the hose mean that you need to get under the truck and follow the supply lines from the fuel pump (on the front, passenger side of the engine) back to the tank. Check the condition of all of the rubber lines, and replace any that look cracked, bulged or collapsed. That should solve your problem.

Next step is to get a heated veggie tank installed.

Wolfie

rottiedog said:
My confusion right now is with the fuel return line. How do I keep that from cross contaminating the other tank.......

On pain killers right now so brain is a little foggy.....
You purge the return fuel line for a few seconds with the solenoid, (you'll need 2) before switching back over...but even then it's impossible to keep from cross contaminating the tanks a little. *sigh* I need to do my WVO conversion.

kentuckycucv

I opened the bleeder valve on my fuel filter and let some air out of the filter before I started it up today, and It did not stall....Thanks for the advice you guys are great! PS Will change my avatar soon.