• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think I want a wrecker

midcounty

I am relatively new to MVs, as I have only had my Deuce for a little over a month, but now I am hooked. I already want another Deuce to bob, M109A3 to convert to camper, and now I am liking the look of the wreckers. I see they are rather pricey compared to Deuces. I am not in the market just yet, as I don't have that kind of extra cash, but maybe some day. Then how do I justify it? In other words, what do you guys use yours for that may convince me I just have to have one? Lol.

steelandcanvas

They are nice, and they kinda feed that little boy in all of us, however, feeding them is a different story. How 4.3 miles per gallon? With Diesel getting close to the $3.00 a gallon mark, you might want to re-think your desires. I have a buddy in the Club with an 816, he is constantly trying to talk me out of wanting one. I think he knows something I do not.

midcounty

Watching the prices of wreckers, I don't know if one will ever find it's way in to my driveway, but I sure think they look fun. Anyone wanna work a trade for a 67 chevelle lol.

WPNS421

I have an M816 completely redone and working just great. I will take diesel a $3.00 @ gal anytime. Here in Canada diesel sells for .99 @ liter = $ 3.85 Cdn or $4.10 US. I have 1 x M816, 1 x M35A2, 1 x M1010, 1 x M1031 CMT and 2 Cdn M35s. Want my fuel bill? :driver:
Having a wrecker is a bit of a status symbol, :drool:but they are great fun and attract people like crazy.

jimmcld

The ruts are hard for your neighbor to mow over also. As for justification for buying, if you have to justify it, you don't need it. I've never made a penny with mine, but I think it gets it's picture taken more than any other vehicle in a parade. Now that's worth something!

midcounty

I can't justify 'needing' alot of what I have :mrgreen: I just want one for cool factor, and maybe some heavy lifting from time to time. You never know, I may find a reason some day to lift my Deuce up on it's end :razz:

After I get my hands on at least one M915A1 tractor and get my Duece traded for I plan on trying to aquire a wrecker. I would preffer an m543A2 0r An M62A2 with the multi-fuel engine. Of corse I could live with an 816 if I had too! They are just so versitile! You can change an engine one day and lift the beams for your new shop to park it in the next!
As far as justification to get one, I dont care if I make a penny with mine either! I just want
the D@mn thing so I have to get it! Oh so manny toys and so little money!

timm831

Mid,

We have three at the museum, (1) M543A2 and (2) M816's. One of the 816's has the fifth wheel on it. We use the 543 all the time for pulling power plants on all sorts of vehicles such as dueces, M-114's, M-113's, M-548, and anyhting else we want to lift or whatever. Wouldn't trade 'em for anything.

area52

Mid,

We have three at the museum, (1) M543A2 and (2) M816's. One of the 816's has the fifth wheel on it. We use the 543 all the time for pulling power plants on all sorts of vehicles such as dueces, M-114's, M-113's, M-548, and anyhting else we want to lift or whatever. Wouldn't trade 'em for anything.

The 816 with a 5th wheel plate is a M819 - kinda rare if you ask me. We need pics!!:jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks