• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I wanna build my own version of this crewcab - seeking details !

stokjeep

Relatively new member, been lurking and reading a lot. Came on board after the change to new forum ( which has been a bit of a pain following many links that are dead )

In a nutshell I am in OD lust of the truck ( pic attached )

Whose truck is this, I have questions!

Most notably .....

Tire size ?
Wheel size and mfr ?
Lift if any ?
Weight as shown ?
Cab modification notes ?
Cab roof modification notes ?

I would like to gather as much info on crew-cab'n a deuce as possible, then jumping in, getting one, and modifying the heck out of it.

I have so many threads saved on various mods! Power Steering, Maintenance, Fuels and on and on.

If anyone out there has answers, I would appreciate.

I have seen the pic in other crewcab threads, but my reading so far has not turned up specific detail on this particular truck.

Also if anyone from the Washington State end of the world can point me in the direction of reputable surplus and truck sellers ...... I would appreciate !

Sean

Attachments

hot rod deuce

Its pretty simple. Just get out the zip gun and welder. I would say the biggest pain is getting the taper out of the rear cab. If you look at yours it is about 4 inches wider at the rear. With stock tires you probably wont need any lift or any thing. I have 1600's and I added 4 feet to my frame. The other option is cut a wheel well in the rear of the cab like those import pick-up crew cab things.

Attachments

hot rod deuce

Also if you notice I added an extra vent door for the rear seat like the one on the front. I did this mainly to gain lengh. With out it (just adding a sliver i the middle likte that one) it seemed a little tight and like it was missing somt thing. I figured it was already almost 30 feet long, whats another 6 inches. It makes it 3" longer than a dodge mega cab.

Last edited:

bbf

i did that to a 5 ton and i am woking on a deuce
i put 16/20 with combat rims and put a 6 inch lift on frame and put a 104 trailer bed on

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry Stokjeep but to me your pic looks like one truck ran into another at a stop light,
it just looks out of perporcend with that small of a bed.

Chinookpilot77

Hi guys, my first post here, and I wanted to weigh in on this topic.

While I really REALLY like HotRods build, and would be lucky to call a machine like that my own, that long of a wheel base wouldn't be very practical for any place off road in a 3 mile radius of a tree ...lol.

So, my plan, once I rotate back to the states, is to get a Deuce, do a ton more research, and build one of the crew cab super short boxes (just big enough for a deer or two!) yes, a jeep would be even better, but the cool factor has to come in somewhere and the super short bed is a real nice compromise!

Just my take. Thanks for the all the great info on here!

Blood_of_Tyrants

So, my plan, once I rotate back to the states, is to get a Deuce,.....
Chinookpilot, don't wait too long. The rumor is that ALL of the deuces are to be out of DRMO by October of this year. I would suggest that you go ahead and buy one at a GL auction and have one of the fine people here to pick it up and store it for you. Since you are in Enterprise, AL, get one from Redstone Arsenal on Huntsville or Camp Shelby in Hattisburg, MS.