• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I want to purchase this!

3dAngus

38 inches is the frame height, not the bed height. You need to measure up again from the bed heigth. It might add some. Then you add the rails up from that measurement. Then the centerline of the poontoon as it sits on the rails. Then the lift capacity at centerline, which is just an estimate of where your lift will occur, as it depends on overall length, plus heigth, plus negative angle of insertion into the water. The front of the pontoons will most likely still be dry.

Your pics didn't show up.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know much about pontoons or boats but I have recovered quite a few submerged vehicles from various boat ramps. I think I would take that trailer just as it is and back it down the ramp to see what kind of resistance it gives you driving it up off the ramp. Once traction is lost, there is usually no second chance. Most of the ramps down here are pretty slick with algae.

BlizzardX23

The bed is just sheet metal over-top of the frame to fill in the holes for a solid flat space..the rails will lift the bottom of the pontoon roughly 1 inch off the trailer bed/frame

I forgot to add the pics when I originally posted it...I've updated it

BlizzardX23

I don't know much about pontoons or boats but I have recovered quite a few submerged vehicles from various boat ramps. I think I would take that trailer just as it is and back it down the ramp to see what kind of resistance it gives you driving it up off the ramp. Once traction is lost, there is usually no second chance. Most of the ramps down here are pretty slick with algae.

I do agree...THANKFULLY, Folsom Lake has BEAUTIFUL grooved ramps (all in great condition) ..and tons of them....The water level ALWAYS changes since Folsom is the Dam after the mountains...so the ramps are always clean...(Not to mention, the water is always calm) I've never seen an issue at Folsom, but I have see issues at skimpy boat ramps in other towns

*NOT TO SAY IT WONT HAPPEN* lol..I'm not naive, I know ANYTHING can happen...even at the nicest of ramps! *knock on wood*

Taking the boat out to the Delta however, might be extremely difficult..but I've never taken it to the river anyways..

I'm really concerned with the weight though..

Danger Ranger

What you do with your trailer is up to you. I would not, but ramps around here are a little different than the steep ones shown in the pics. We (some of the repliers) are in the east, and you are in the west, sometimes almost 2 different worlds, so Good Luck, and happy boating!

BlizzardX23

What you do with your trailer is up to you. I would not, but ramps around here are a little different than the steep ones shown in the pics. We (some of the repliers) are in the east, and you are in the west, sometimes almost 2 different worlds, so Good Luck, and happy boating!

Thats true...every place is different...And I do appreciate everyone's opinion and advice...trust me! :)

All advice is welcomed

And like mentioned before by myself and others..my main concern would be trailer weight...6,000 lbs empty is more than my entire setup right now lol..I just think that trailer is beautiful though..and could serve so many uses! :)

3dAngus

OK, you have something very special in mind for the "normal" V channel carpeted over pressure treated wood pontoon guides. Be sure to protect those pontoons as much as possible. They are not made for land, nor for shock. The normal "V" carriers for pontoons like on your pontooon trailer (assuming it is not homemade) is made to give and flex so that when you hit a bump on the road, it will not damage your aluminum pontoons. Not sure what that is, but I guess you know what I don't and that's fine with me.

Buy the trailer. It's a nice one! Just not sure of your intended use. You'll need special made ramps to get anything on it though, or bring it out to a loading dock. It's NOT ideal for your intended purpose, but that is one **** fine trailer!

BlizzardX23

OK, you have something very special in mind for the "normal" V channel carpeted over pressure treated wood pontoon guides. Be sure to protect those pontoons as much as possible. They are not made for land, nor for shock. The normal "V" carriers for pontoons like on your pontooon trailer (assuming it is not homemade) is made to give and flex so that when you hit a bump on the road, it will not damage your aluminum pontoons. Not sure what that is, but I guess you know what I don't and that's fine with me.

Buy the trailer. It's a nice one! Just not sure of your intended use. You'll need special made ramps to get anything on it though, or bring it out to a loading dock. It's NOT ideal for your intended purpose, but that is one **** fine trailer!
I was planning on using real pontoon guides (carpeted like the ones on our trailer) which is an actual Pontoon trailer...manufactured, not homemade..but who know..I dont know more than you, Im just putting my creative ideas in writing...even if they are flawed and completely wrong lol..

As for the ramps...simple quad/motorcycle ramps for pickups would work with no problem..we have tons of ramps

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I don't care about loading/off loading, what I care about is STOPPING a THREE TON trailer that weighs more then the civi puller, I would guess the trailer has air brakes, are you planing to run a air hose to the service brakes and the emg. lines, then ?????. going down a hill the trailer WILL push you, what is going to happen on WET road going down hill, not a good pic., in an emg. stop THREE TONS of push is not a pretty pic.
I think you NEED to rethink this whole idea for a CIVI pull, now if your puller is going to be a DEUCE, then by all means get it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks