• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I want to tow my Corvette with my Deuce... Suggestions?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have it shipped.

To tow it behind anything, it needs to be enclosed.

thanks for your 8 yrs
about the time I turned 45, I started to question my wisdom of getting out as soon as I could. pension and health benefits would be nice.......

JAYHAWK 1962

Hey i am right off i 40 in albuquerque. If you have any trouble i might be able to help you out. Let me know if you would like my contact info. Kyle

natem

That may be true, but women in short skirts look fantastic getting into and out of a lowered Corvette. [thumbzup]

Most women don't care for green iron, my girlfriend included.

I vote for a trailer hitch on the deuce and a U-haul car trailer for the car. If the trailer deck sits too tall, just ride the deuce wheels up on a 6x6 and that will lower the trailer deck in the rear.

You have never owned a MityMite.

A hitch on the deuce and tow, enclosed would be best (think, oil, soot that sort).

Thank you for your service!

Nate

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find someone to follow you (not too close) and get them a plane or bus ticket back. I would not try to modify a trailer to tow it in any case. If it were me (and I have had to get a low car up on a trailer) I would get an equipment trailer that already has a pintle hitch setup and do it that way with a car cover on it.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have it shipped.

To tow it behind anything, it needs to be enclosed.

thanks for your 8 yrs
about the time I turned 45, I started to question my wisdom of getting out as soon as I could. pension and health benefits would be nice.......
The 1st 8 or 10 years are the worst. The next 12-16 are a breeze. I wish I would have stayed past 26, but they said I needed to move along so some of the young ones had room to promote. Pension isn't huge, but I'm in no hurry to find a job.

I shipped my 67 Chevelle from Iowa to SOCAL for 1300. That gets you an open trailer on some Hot Shots rig. I'm sure with fuel prices up, it's more expensive now.

I say put a hitch on the deuce and rent a trailer. If the budget is a 1000 dollars and you want it done right, do it yourself.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about putting your stuff in a m105 trailer and loading the vette in the back of the truck at a loading dock. We have seen several people on here with cars in the back.

Ryan

This was my first thought. Second option is to ship the Vett with a commercial hauler. Collectable cars are shipped all over the country all the time.

Congrats and thanks for your service.

Loco_Hosa

Depending on the paint condition of the car, I also think you might consider having it shipped or put your things in a trailer and the car in the truck at a loading dock.

Towing a car like that one just has a high likely-hood of damage to paint, damage loading and unloading, ect. =/

However, where are the pictures of the Corvette? Come on now!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Offer to fly another member out and drive the truck or the car. Don't make it a job, make it an adventure.

Westex

My 2 cents is that vette needs to be driven. That's your baby, treat it as such. Or at least get it up in the bed of the deuce with virtually no angle on the ingress/egress.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks