• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I was Stuck in the mud

Mudrunner923

Is there anyone near Ravenel/Walterboro SC that can help recover a M923A2? Its about 5 feet from hard ground.. The back right tires are spinning an not letting the power go to the left tires that actually have traction (wish I had lockers). The front left is sunk down but the front right is out on hard ground.. Can anyone help?

Not what I expected my first post to be.. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone is just waking up. Hopefully someone in your area will see this soon. And yes, even with this being your first post you can expect someone to help.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Think you need to change your user name to "STUCK IN THE MUD"

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not knowing the exact area I'm not sure how many members we have that are close enough to help in person. Lots or moral support though.

Local heavy wrecker company? Local backhoe? Chain fall and cables to do a recovery? Shovel? 15 tons of cat litter? Okay the last one was just me.

Cribbing and a Hi-Lift jack can be used to get something underneath the truck to drive it out.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pictures...

At least he is not buried in a beaver pond in the arctic....

I looked at the map, I don't know anyone near his area.

Mudrunner923

Haha I don't think that change is needed yet
After all it is the first time I have been stuck enough where the truck couldn't get itself out!

jwaller

I'm in Columbia and could help you but you gotta pay the fuel. By the time you do that you could hire a local wrecker.

Mudrunner923

Not knowing the exact area I'm not sure how many members we have that are close enough to help in person. Lots or moral support though.

Local heavy wrecker company? Local backhoe? Chain fall and cables to do a recovery? Shovel? 15 tons of cat litter? Okay the last one was just me.

Cribbing and a Hi-Lift jack can be used to get something underneath the truck to drive it out.
Wrecker companies don't like the idea of going down a dirt road.. Ive already had a 9500lb winch with a snatch block on it.. Moved about a foot! I'm going to try jacks and ramps next

jwaller

You could apply the brakes to try and trick the diffs into locking the opposite side. I'm sure you've also tried sawing the wheel back and forth.

i get home about 7pm tonight. If you don't have it out by then call me. 546!1897

Mudrunner923

You could apply the brakes to try and trick the diffs into locking the opposite side. I'm sure you've also tried sawing the wheel back and forth.

i get home about 7pm tonight. If you don't have it out by then call me. 546!1897
Ive tried power braking with little luck..
I will definitely call you if I cant get it out! What area code are you?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You can unscrew the valve stems and screw in new schrader valves if they are stuck. You can get little kits with the tool and valves at most auto parts stores

Rkrug

I don't know if this would work, but you could cage the brakes on the rear axles only on the side that is not spinning and apply them so that it would lock up the ones that are spinning?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks