• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I was Stuck in the mud

rickf

TWO D8's? I ran D8's and pulled out many trucks, never had one I couldn't get out. Including one that left an axle behind! Truck came out, axle did not.:shock:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just pulled out a M923 today that was stuck every bit as bad as the truck in the pic with my deuce. The front bumper was on the ground and the rear was sitting on the axles. I had to tie the deuce to a tree and run a 3 part line (2 snatch blocks) but the old deuce pulled it out.

I told him when I pulled up that I was unsure if I could do it but if you add enough snatch blocks and have a good anchor, you can move the world.

The guy is a member here (J1h22) and his son was taking pics of the operation. I was too busy winching to take pics. Maybe he'll post some pics.

jwesley74

I read about that somewhere on this site so I didn't try it. Didn't need to make anymore problems for myself! The truck doesn't like to go into low to begin with for some reason.. Easy to put the t-case in neutral but difficult to put back into high or low.
Everyone including manual says not to use reverse in low range. But we personally have used low range reverse in every truck we've owned without issue. In sloppy mud it doesn't have the binding action it would take to hurt anything. We only use low range in sloppy mud in SW FL. I've had 7 trucks and eveyone I've gotten stuck at some point. We always travel in pairs though and have winch with 3 snatch blocks. So always able to get out. Thats why we got a 2nd truck. Before that we sat for 16 hrs and an excavator had to pull us. We call it a learning curve. Now we don't play without 2nd truck there. We just got winch assembly off our 1st 925 we sold and installing it on our 923A2 so we'll have two winch trucks now. Last time we got stuck in 925A2 a couple weeks ago we had to use all 3 snatch blocks to get it out. But we were hooked to 2 buggies pulling them at the same time. We were using our 923A2 as anchor but kept dragging it to us so we had to hook a 2nd truck to the 923 as additional anchor. It was quite the scene. I'll look, we're on one of those R/C helicopter videos during the escapade. I have to find the video and I'll post it.

Artisan

Certainly the M925A2 is an EXTREAMLY capable truck and when
you put that truck in front of a Bubba Rope SOMETHING going to give!

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HA! I'm not into the mudding scene, but **** that was a cool video! What do they call those vehicles that look like the party barge in Return of the Jedi? They're pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks