• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I wonder why they pulled all the m35a2s

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was what I was trying to find out. I was unsure. I get jokes...ha ha ha. I could go back and look at my previous posts. I don't commit them to memory. I assume I must have called you out previously. If I did, I honestly did not do so to piss you or anyone off. I HATE doing it. I really do. A lot of guys on this list agree with me on that, but some don't and inevitably you butt heads with people. I would rather the mods handle this stuff. People don't like to be corrected; people also don't like to have to correct others.

greenjeepster

Update from DRMS

Brad
Your submission to DRMS regarding your recent purchase of an M-Series
vehicle from Government Liquidation (GL) has been forwarded to the DRMS
Sales Office for direct response to you.

At the current time, the DEMIL Code change to "F" for the M-Series
vehicles is being researched and reviewed with the organization making
the change. Because of that, DRMS has not requested that GL return the
affected items, but rather hold them for final resolution. We hope to
be advised of the DEMIL Code clarification in the next week.

In the meantime, the Trade Security Control (TSC) office who is
responsible for assessing and clearing the End Use Certificates
submitted by GL is continuing with their process relating to these
vehicles.

Regards,

Becky Bellinger
Sales Contracting Officer

surfdog

A third deuce just appeared in the GL listings. Looks to be relatively complete with all of its gauges. A little too far from home for me to bid on :-D

Item Manifest lists as Iron and Steel Scrap, Mixed wi...

Maybe the flood gates are reopening.

JCKnife

Brad
Your submission to DRMS regarding your recent purchase of an M-Series
vehicle from Government Liquidation (GL) has been forwarded to the DRMS
Sales Office for direct response to you.

At the current time, the DEMIL Code change to "F" for the M-Series
vehicles is being researched and reviewed with the organization making
the change. Because of that, DRMS has not requested that GL return the
affected items, but rather hold them for final resolution. We hope to
be advised of the DEMIL Code clarification in the next week.

In the meantime, the Trade Security Control (TSC) office who is
responsible for assessing and clearing the End Use Certificates
submitted by GL is continuing with their process relating to these
vehicles.

Regards,

Becky Bellinger
Sales Contracting Officer
And yet we've had people getting their paid-in-full invoices even this week? Lots of stuff don't add up. But, it's the government. What should we expect? :roll:

greenjeepster

Basically the code change is going to stick, but the implications of that are yet unknown. (could me destruction, could mean they will sell them and not require an EUC) TSC is still processing EUCs on them because they have not been told to do otherwise. GL is supposed to be holding the remaining trucks in their inventory until farther notice, but apparently some of the site managers did not get that memo. I asked about the m35a2 and she responded "M series", so to me that means the a3s should be affected as well.

Last edited:

Chief_919

Basically the code change is going to stick, but the implications of that are yet unknown. (could me destruction, could mean they will sell them and not require an EUC) TSC is still processing EUCs on them because they have not been told to do otherwise. GL is supposed to be holding the remaining trucks in their inventory until farther notice, but apparently some of the site managers did not get that memo. I asked about the m35a2 and she responded "M series", so to me that means the a3s should be affected as well.
I don't think the F code will stick, but time will tell. By M-series she likely meant "M-44 series" that would include the a2.s, 109 vans, etc.

I think I am going to email the item manager for the M35A2 and see what response I get.

Pawnshop

The M35A3 is also an M44 variant, in fact I have seen one recently listed AS an M44. My own wild speculation is that the M35A2, M109A3 and M185A3 vehicles are specifically being purchased by an entity with deep pockets to be parted out for the purposes of spare parts resale OR more likely to have a spares inventory for maintaining a large fleet of Deuces in a foreign country. That is the only way I can explain the 800 and 900 series 5tons and the M35A3 trucks being available when the others are not.

AGAIN, this is speculation on my part!

Chief_919

The M35A3 is also an M44 variant, in fact I have seen one recently listed AS an M44. My own wild speculation is that the M35A2, M109A3 and M185A3 vehicles are specifically being purchased by an entity with deep pockets to be parted out for the purposes of spare parts resale OR more likely to have a spares inventory for maintaining a large fleet of Deuces in a foreign country. That is the only way I can explain the 800 and 900 series 5tons and the M35A3 trucks being available when the others are not.

AGAIN, this is speculation on my part!

You expect too much logic from a huge government machine.

DEMIL code reviews go NSN by NSN, or NSN group by NSN group.

If the item manager for these trucks changes it, that change will only apply to those NSN's. The big machine only sees NSN's and DEMIL codes, and does not look for logic.

As an example- 3/4 ton trailer? DEMIL B/Q, EUC Required. 5KW generator? Demil B/Q, EUC required.

Trailer Mounted Air Conditioner Set, on a 3/4 Ton Trailer with a 5KW Generator? DEMIL A, no EUC required!

Why? The item manager for the AC sets said "there is no legitimate national security risk in an air conditioner" when he set up the DEMIL code. So when the DRMO/GL people set up the sale, they look at the NSN, look at the DEMIL code for that NSN, and sell based on that and that alone.

There is no deep conspiracy to sell the trucks to a single entity, and if there was it would have to be done in an open fashion. This is just the unthinking machine where somebody changed a keystroke in a computer from Q to F as part of a review, and everything else rolled downhill from there.

While the A3's are part of the same family, if they have a different item manager (I will look and see later) then a demil change for the A3's has to come from a different person in a different cubicle who is on a different schedule and may apply a different train of thought on the issue when/if they ever do change anything...

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A third deuce just appeared in the GL listings. Looks to be relatively complete with all of its gauges. A little too far from home for me to bid on :-D

Item Manifest lists as Iron and Steel Scrap, Mixed wi...

Maybe the flood gates are reopening.
Saw that too. Was getting ready to rejoice....till I thought about the transportation costs. :cry:

greenjeepster

LOL LOL LOL. The conspiracies and speculations are hilarious guys. It appears the imagination of some SS is pretty good:wink:
The paranoia has spread to ebay. There is a truck on there now that says "get one now, the government has stopped selling these"

But it hasn't affected price much it looks like. The ones that are started low with no reserve are still only selling for 2500. anything over that is not selling. Except one out in Cali that went for 4700.00 yesterday. I have a feeling the buyer will be very disappointed. The seller really pitched it well in the listing, but it was obvious that they had painted it and the over spray was everywhere, even the batteries ended up painted.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think some folks are embarking on another "The Sky is Falling" adventure.:roll:

As Frodo said:idea:...wait another week...or two and things will be fine again::-D

OR NOT:twisted:
The powers that be just need some time to figure out what they want to do and they haven't figured out why they want to do it..so doing it may take some time because they have been told to do something.
That's a simple task right?....Well wait...first they need to study the ramifications and implications of the untended result of the non-action they are planning not to take.

I hope this makes things a little clearer for those who are worried:roll:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know why, but there are A2s being auctioned off (I just bid on one) and several more listed for future sales. They don't show up in the normal places but they're out there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks