• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I wonder why they pulled all the m35a2s

Earth

Results of my inquiry to the DRMS ombudsman:

Thank you for your recent inquiry on the status of M35A2 series trucks. Last week, Government Liquidation had some of these trucks for sale and had to remove them from bidding because the Army had recently changed their Demil code to “F” making the truck a demil required item.

Government Liquidation is not authorized to sell demil required property, nor can they downgrade sellable property to “scrap” status.

These trucks were not scrapped but are currently on hold has the Army is now in discussions with the DOD Demil Program Office to determine an more accurate demil code.

We encourage all small business bidders to wait for a final demil determination, as this is driven by the Army in cooperation with the DOD Demil Program Office, not Government Liquidation.

Respectfully,

Judith R. Mansfield
DRMS Small Business Ombudsman
HDI Federal Center
74 Washington Avenue North
Battle Creek, MI 49037-3084
(269) 961-4513
Fax: (269) 961-4534

Earth

M35a2 status as per DRMS

Thank you for your recent inquiry on the status of M35A2 series trucks. Last week, Government Liquidation had some of these trucks for sale and had to remove them from bidding because the Army had recently changed their Demil code to “F” making the truck a demil required item.

Government Liquidation is not authorized to sell demil required property, nor can they downgrade sellable property to “scrap” status.

These trucks were not scrapped but are currently on hold has the Army is now in discussions with the DOD Demil Program Office to determine an more accurate demil code.

We encourage all small business bidders to wait for a final demil determination, as this is driven by the Army in cooperation with the DOD Demil Program Office, not Government Liquidation.

Respectfully,

Judith R. Mansfield
HDI Federal Center
(269) 961-4513

Chief_919

Respectfully,

Judith R. Mansfield
HDI Federal Center
(269) 961-4513

Pretty much the exact same answer I got.

Looks like a replay of the demil change fiasco we saw on small arms brass earlier this year- somebody somewhere changed it without thinking or any good reason.

Now we need to exert pressure on the DOD, via our elected represenatives and directly, to change the demil code back.

Earth

Chief says: "Now we need to exert pressure on the DOD, via our elected represenatives and directly, to change the demil code back. "

I totally agree, so let's make sure the DOD demil program office (contact info?) hears from those who will be impacted by a code change.

O.D. Fever

In my area we have fire trucks and at least 20 to 30 m35's on the local muck farms, I don't know how the farmers would get their onions, celery, beets, and carrots out of the fields without these trucks. They all use specially fitted boxes on the back. Holds lot of carrots..Joe

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Remain calm on this one. I seriously doubt they will be coming to collect the deuces and have stopped the sales.

I bet if we went back to last Nov/Dec we would find the same issue happened with the same speculation. What is causing it I don't know but it's interesting that the timing is just after the beginning of the govt fiscal year.

On this one I would remain calm.

wsucougarx

Now to change the question of the original thread "I wonder how much the lone deuce will go for w/panic buying?":wink: Looks to be either an '86 or pre-'86 USAF dropside

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But the data plates have been removed. Will they issue a SF-97?

A bet it will go for a gazzillion dollars.

dittle

Its got a NSN for a LMTV with original purchase price of $104626.00 dollars. Wonder if thats how it made it up on the site.........:?: Definately not listed correctly. Of course could you complain saying that you bought this NSN and got the incorrect truck and want the correct truck for the NSN???? :twisted:

surfdog

Maybe that's the new demil requirement: Must remove driver's seat to disable vehicle and remove data plate to render vehicle unable to be registered.
:p:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks