• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IBC tote question...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just acquired 3 more today. Galvanized frame and the container is completely enclosed in the galvanized sheet metal from the factory. Pretty wicked, hope to go fetch them soon.

91W350

Just acquired 3 more today. Galvanized frame and the container is completely enclosed in the galvanized sheet metal from the factory. Pretty wicked, hope to go fetch them soon.

That is the way these are, with plastic skids on the bottom. You have to cut the cage to get the Totes out. Plenty of plastic drums too....

andytk5

Reading through this thread it sounds like you guys are doing some cool things with these totes. If I read this correctly these can be used for long term storage or oil/WVO/diesel/biodiesel?

Also when storing diesel or B100 is there a good setup to use to keep the fuel fresh. Adding a biocide I know will keep the algae down but would a circulation pump with inline filters be a good thing to have to cycle the tank once a month or every couple of months?

Thanks

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, they can be used for storage of just about anything you want to put in them. In my case you can store water in them as the ones I get have food products in them. (Not water after WMO. ;-) )

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only store water in them if they have a NSF stamp on the plastic container. NSF means National Sanitation Foundation, and is safe for food storage.

I would use an IBC tote and stack them 4 hi for storing your fuel. Cover with a thick canvas tarp to keep prying eyes off and the sunlight out. Thats my two centavos.

mikey

Cover with a thick canvas tarp to keep prying eyes off and the sunlight out. Thats my two centavos.
Great advice. I just had a tote with over 200g of WMO stolen out of the back of my uncovered deuce. You just don't think someone will go through the trouble of stealing a 1700lb tote.

They will.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Great advice. I just had a tote with over 200g of WMO stolen out of the back of my uncovered deuce. You just don't think someone will go through the trouble of stealing a 1700lb tote.

They will.
How did thay get it out, walk it back and drop/slide into a pick up

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only store water in them if they have a NSF stamp on the plastic container. NSF means National Sanitation Foundation, and is safe for food storage.

I would use an IBC tote and stack them 4 hi for storing your fuel. Cover with a thick canvas tarp to keep prying eyes off and the sunlight out. Thats my two centavos.

Never looked to see if they had a stamp but I hope they are safe since the ones I pick up come right from the company that gets them brand new with food stuff in them. They better be safe.

My favorite are the ones with raisin slurry in them. Yuck!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Double check for the NSF they are hard to find. If you have a source for them, I would like to get in on a few for water. Mine are all fuel and chit.

mikey

How did thay get it out, walk it back and drop/slide into a pick up
I keep my deuces up in farm country. Everybody up there has the time and the machinery to steal the tote or the deuce. At over 1000lbs, I'm guessing they used a skid steer or tractor.

I'm happy all they took was the tote.

Mikey

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SS Express? You might be able to get them on something headed your way, you never know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks