• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'd like to thank everyone on Steel Soldiers for all the help and advice!

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am new to the Military Vehicle world. Since I was a kid I always had a love affair with Military Vehicles. I finally was able to get my very own HMMWV and I am excited to restore and keep it "as is" forever....lol

I'd like to thank everyone on Steel Soldiers for all the help and advice! The amount of help I have received from Steel Soldiers has been making this easier and a lot of fun!

Ok I have a request. Can members post pictures of where they mounted their License Plates that have Air Lift rear bumpers? I can't seem to figure out the best place. I am considering on the body on the left side.

Thanks in advance for the help.

NormB

386AC2D9-B7E6-4929-9EB9-1678FB33AFE8.jpg00DB15E8-8FE5-4010-8FDC-327D052F8215.jpg413094A4-D6B2-45D2-9973-E6DA0124301D.jpgI drilled two holes for 1/4-20 rivnuts in the body below the tail light, fabricated an aluminum c-channel to bolt to IT and a license plate frame/light I tapped into the park light feed.

I did this before hanging the airlift bumper, had plenty of room to clear it when I did the upgrade.

I have pictures, they’re in the “what I did to my HMMWV thread” somewhere, but I can try to remember where they are and post them up tonight for you.

I’ll make a note of it.

Last edited:

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 716428View attachment 716429View attachment 716427I drilled two holes for 1/4-20 rivnuts in the body below the tail light, fabricated an aluminum c-channel to bolt to IT and a license plate frame/light I tapped into the park light feed.

I did this before hanging the airlift bumper, had plenty of room to clear it when I did the upgrade.

I have pictures, they’re in the “what I did to my HMMWV thread” somewhere, but I can try to remember where they are and post them up tonight for you.

I’ll make a note of it.
Wow that's a great idea...Thank you

NormB

If I had it to do all over again, I’d buy another aluminum license plate frame:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IE3Z4DS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Add a little light to it:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JAPPXAI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And use the same metal frame to bolt up the plate to the bracket:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JJCN07E/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did this on my trailer, drilled a couple holes in the 3-light strip under the gate and bolted/wired it up w/packard connectors.

That post is somewhere over in the “what I did to my trailer today”

Lots of different ways to skin a cat.

NB

C952111C-56CC-464E-9D74-1B9798378C04.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks