• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'd like to thank everyone on Steel Soldiers for all the help and advice!

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am new to the Military Vehicle world. Since I was a kid I always had a love affair with Military Vehicles. I finally was able to get my very own HMMWV and I am excited to restore and keep it "as is" forever....lol

I'd like to thank everyone on Steel Soldiers for all the help and advice! The amount of help I have received from Steel Soldiers has been making this easier and a lot of fun!

Ok I have a request. Can members post pictures of where they mounted their License Plates that have Air Lift rear bumpers? I can't seem to figure out the best place. I am considering on the body on the left side.

Thanks in advance for the help.

NormB

386AC2D9-B7E6-4929-9EB9-1678FB33AFE8.jpg00DB15E8-8FE5-4010-8FDC-327D052F8215.jpg413094A4-D6B2-45D2-9973-E6DA0124301D.jpgI drilled two holes for 1/4-20 rivnuts in the body below the tail light, fabricated an aluminum c-channel to bolt to IT and a license plate frame/light I tapped into the park light feed.

I did this before hanging the airlift bumper, had plenty of room to clear it when I did the upgrade.

I have pictures, they’re in the “what I did to my HMMWV thread” somewhere, but I can try to remember where they are and post them up tonight for you.

I’ll make a note of it.

Last edited:

Pisquinii

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 716428View attachment 716429View attachment 716427I drilled two holes for 1/4-20 rivnuts in the body below the tail light, fabricated an aluminum c-channel to bolt to IT and a license plate frame/light I tapped into the park light feed.

I did this before hanging the airlift bumper, had plenty of room to clear it when I did the upgrade.

I have pictures, they’re in the “what I did to my HMMWV thread” somewhere, but I can try to remember where they are and post them up tonight for you.

I’ll make a note of it.
Wow that's a great idea...Thank you

NormB

If I had it to do all over again, I’d buy another aluminum license plate frame:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IE3Z4DS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Add a little light to it:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JAPPXAI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And use the same metal frame to bolt up the plate to the bracket:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JJCN07E/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did this on my trailer, drilled a couple holes in the 3-light strip under the gate and bolted/wired it up w/packard connectors.

That post is somewhere over in the “what I did to my trailer today”

Lots of different ways to skin a cat.

NB

C952111C-56CC-464E-9D74-1B9798378C04.jpg

Last edited: