• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If I was an electron.....

MarcusOReallyus

would I care if I completed my circuit through the chassis or the firewall mounted ground bus ?

Nope. You would not care at all.

Hole flow vs. electron flow is an interesting discussion but not really relevant to automotive troubleshooting, and it best left out of the discussion.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
engine side busses.jpgYes, I recall that from high school vocational training : "Holes are positively charged quantities of nothingness that move oppositely of electrons." OK. Anyway, this is what I'm doing, under construction still. The wires that went to the ground bus are now attached to the passenger side frame rail. The +24 volt red cable that goes to the rear busses is unmolested. The black cable to the rear bus now transports positive holes under 12 volts of pressure. Now, positive stuff does not like to dress in black, but will have to get over it. The rear ground bus is now also 12 V, stuff back there also grounded to the frame. I did this because the batteries are in back, as is the winch.

Last edited:

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
rear view busses.jpg
Electrons never see the greater picture. Just don't tell them, it affects their positive outlook.
Two atoms were walking across a road when one of them said, "I think I lost an electron!" "Really!" the other replied, "Are you sure?" "Yes, I 'm absolutely positive."

Last edited:

rustystud

Electrons don't move to the right.
The holes move to the left.
Double triple ground everything back to negative, can't hurt.
Where is negative?
I agree with Marcus, we don't need to go down this rabbit hole. Though that was the reasoning to the positive grounding of vehicles in the 1950's. Electrons flow from the negative to the positive. They figured it would provide a better electrical system. We now know it makes no difference which way your connecting the polarity. Just don't jump start an old "L" series IHC with negative to ground ! Besides the whole 6 volt thing you'll get quite a "shock" out of it !!!

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 1930 Model A is 6 volt positive ground. I have the hand crank in the trunk, which I can use in case of emergency. I prefer not to have that type of problem, though. If you hand crank an A engine the wrong way you run the risk of breaking your arm, wrist, thumb, shoulder, or elbow. :shock: :)

http://modelabasics.com has lots of information on A's.

I digress. Sorry for the thread derailment.
:derailed:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks