• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If my deuce can't be camo, what color???

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will need to do something about the exhaust also. I have found that people will hear you first and look to see what is coming down the road or up behing them at the light.
This could easily domino into the COMLETELY STEALTH DUECE project:!:
Should we also be concerned with:
Radar Signature;
Themal Imaging;
NDT Footprints and
the smell of "Multi-Fuels Exhaust":?:
(Do I smell French Fries? - I think an army truck just when by!):roll:

M725

And what truck would that be? 6x6, multifuel and under $3000 are prime requirements?

-Chuck
Sorry Chuck but any truck meeting that requirement will be different, cause of it's age (body style) and the 6x6 (high riding). They will still stand out. Power companys use 6x6's maybe try them when they auction off their old trucks when they get new ones.
But there will be a chance you'll be mistaken you work for them and people will be bugging you to fix there elec :p.

roscoe

The more I think about it, the grey with black accented features might look pretty good. As long as its not too shiney looking. Now this thread is making me rethink the color for my third truck. The first two I did in camo. As I was sanding the hood today I uncovered original star and semi-gloss green. Now I can't decide if I want to go a solid color or camo.

stumps

Sorry Chuck but any truck meeting that requirement will be different, cause of it's age (body style) and the 6x6 (high riding). They will still stand out. Power companys use 6x6's maybe try them when they auction off their old trucks when they get new ones.
But there will be a chance you'll be mistaken you work for them and people will be bugging you to fix there elec :p.
I already have an old power company bucket truck... it is a deuce of a different flavor, an F700... It is much heavier than an M35A2 deuce, weighing in at 24500 empty, but it wouldn't last 10 minutes in the slash left over from logging one of my farms.

I'm not sure where the idea came about that I minded people knowing my truck is a deuce. That doesn't bother me at all. Deuces are cool! The camo is the issue. Not being mistaken for an active military truck is the goal. I'd like to achieve my goal without being tacky... no hippie flowers, etc. I don't want to embarrass the old girl, after all:wink:.

-Chuck

Last edited:

jesusgatos

Stumps, I totally get it. I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to paint Mah Deuce camo. Traveling down into Mexico and beyond, I'm thinking that it might not be a bad idea to distinguish it as NON-military.

tamangel

seems I've seen deuces with some other (abiet ugly) plane jane , maybe fiberglass custom cab.. Unknown why anyone or any company would want it other than them not wanting people to know it was an ex-military vehicle... maybe just to blend in or to look like a newer, commercial model..

Mike

m109guy

Another suggestion would be a flat black. That would give you the stealthy type look, yet not really military looking.