• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you are bidding In the next few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstang97

There is a M1008 on a web site that is called something like D-bay or f-bay can't remember, but wanted to give a heads up the Vin comes back to a 2 wheel drive gas job. So do your homework before you bid.

Stonepicker1

You are correct on the VIN. This is the second time it's been listed. I contacted the seller the first time he listed it about the VIN and if I could go look at it. He won't get back with me. The truck is only a few miles from me. I was going to use it as a parts truck.

dstang97

It looks like he stamped everything himself. And BTW I told you to save some CUCV's for other people. Hoarder. LOL

Stonepicker1

It looks like he stamped everything himself. And BTW I told you to save some CUCV's for other people. Hoarder. LOL
Lol....but it's soooooooooo close.

I did place a bid the first time, but not this time. I'll let it go. Got to work on my other MV's. Besides, I'm out of parking space at the house. Lol

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the auction end or did you guys scare him away? I would like to have seen the mentioned truck, for identification training purposes.:-D

KsM715

I guess I'm rusty on the rules - you can't say which one it is?

Per the rules this whole thread should have been deleted.

Just because the OP decided to try to be cute and hint around the name of the auction site but not mention it by name does not mean that it clears his post from breaking the rule. Thats just side stepping the rules and guys have been given a little time off for that.

So do your homework before you bid.
Thats something everyone should be doing. If not, and you buy a lemon, theres no one to blame but yourself.

Last edited:

dstang97

Just because the OP decided to try to be cute and hint around the name of the auction site but not mention it by name does not mean that it clears his post from breaking the rule. Thats just side stepping the rules and guys have been given a little time off for that.

Thats for the Mods to decide :grin: you are not a mod

KsM715

Thats for the Mods to decide :grin: you are not a mod

Ok have it your way. Its been reported. Now lets just sit and wait to see what they say.

dstang97

Can't wait [thumbzup]

I could see your point if it was a regular auction. I'm just looking out for our fellow SS. So go cry yourself to a Mod.

KsM715

I'm just looking out for our fellow SS.

Thats awfull nice of you. But to those that dont know you personally, how do I know your not just trying to steer other people away so you can get it at a cheaper price?

Don't think any member on here would do such a thing? Think again.

Now, I'm not saying that that is your intention. Just letting others that are reading this know why we have the rule. If you dont allow any discussion of the auctions then there can be no complaining that someone mislead someone else, or undercut someone. It also cutsdown on the possibility of collusion.

Last edited:

dstang97

Seriously maybe you are the one that needs time off. This is a great website and we should be a brotherhood and look after people. This is a Fraud Vehicle and most people would never have picked up on it. Lets say someone did buy it they could possibly loose their purchase and the money. So before you make dumb comments think about others.

Chief_919

I personally appreciate the heads up. We are in this hobby together, and we should look out for each other.
Agreed.

Some folks let the idea of keeping everything a secret so they can maybe score a better price get in the way of being a community that looks out for each other. It isn't even like this is something that is opinion, a VIN is verifiable.

KsM715

I am thinking about others here, the ones that play by the rules, whether they agree with them or not.

I have been here 3 years now and have yet to get any "time off" I don't write the rule, I just follow them.

KsM715

Agreed.

Some folks let the idea of keeping everything a secret so they can maybe score a better price get in the way of being a community that looks out for each other. It isn't even like this is something that is opinion, a VIN is verifiable.
I agree with looking out for others, but the way the rule is written this is not allowed. If you have rules you must enforce them all the same or you end up with a mess just like we have here.

Its been sent to a mod, if it stays, it stays, that doesn't bother me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks