• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you had to choose....

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M923a1 I'm looking at is 4 states away. It seems like its in good shape but I really don't want to drive 456 miles just to look at a truck I may or may not want.
As long as one of the states is not Texas, what is the problem? I got my Deuce only half a state away but that was 600 miles.

My 5 ton (M927A1) was only three miles from my house. By the way, I told myself I would only need one when I decided to buy the deuce. Yeah...right!!!

Last edited:

Stoner63

I think I'll stay within 4 hours or less driving time. I've done this with a few cars years ago. Described as like new, low mileage and clean. Drive 8 hours and it turns out to be totally unlike described. Junker. I made 5 trips that turned out to be a waste of time. I'll bide my time and wait for a good one around here.

The M35A2 really nice duce I was going to see just south of here was sold yesterday.

Stoner63

I've decided on the M923 5 ton. I missed a chance at a nice Duce this week, snoozed and lost. I looked at Memphis Equipment but 12,500 for 5 ton.or a nice Duce is a much as I could get a really nice 5 ton. I'm in hopes that next year the military will sell off a lot of 923's. Seems that all the ones for sale are up north or Indiana.

L1A1

I have around here somewhere a pic of an M35A2 sans canvas parked next to a 800 series 5t sans canvas. It's a 3/4 front view shot of both trucks. The M35 w/o it's canvas is about the size of a crew cab pick up truck (full size bed) except it's a little taller. The 5t w/o canvas & windshield folded, it still one honking big truck.

One advantage of the 5ton is that spare engine (& tranny?) parts are available commercially. The deuce like the M151 is an all Military design so once the surplus parts sources dry up, supporting one could be a challenge. I don't think the parts well for M35s will run dry any time soon, though.

Matt

Stoner63

Look at the post by randygk

The duce beside the 5 ton looks like a pickup truck. I did not realize that there was that much difference between the two. I'm just in hopes that the price on 5 tons come down a little and the Govt. sells off a lot more.

michigandon

Why's that?
Seems as though every time I've climbed aboard this SOB this year, something breaks. And repairs end up being a major undertaking that result in an aching back for the next 1.5 weeks after.

Never expected a rose garden and/or trouble-free operation 100% of the time, but...****!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Get a 2-1/2 rated ton off road tactical military vehicle that you can drive on the street.
Drive it thru some stuff, loaded down and notice what is possible.
This is no different then the old daze.
No "automatic" anything. Built like a truck. Best flavor.
Nobody, anywhere, and no kind of way anybody can stop it from running except you.
But you gottah work on it.
If you can keep it going and you are then still happy then get a bigger truck $.
But............... with all considered, One can not get a better truck.
OK I'm done now. Sorry for rant, .... I had to say it for me and You.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have around here somewhere a pic of an M35A2 sans canvas parked next to a 800 series 5t sans canvas. It's a 3/4 front view shot of both trucks. The M35 w/o it's canvas is about the size of a crew cab pick up truck (full size bed) except it's a little taller. The 5t w/o canvas & windshield folded, it still one honking big truck.
A deuce as compared to a full size truck (2500). Surprisingly close in size. The deuce is just a little longer, and heavier.

Attachments