• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you look past the shiny wheels

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While driving around town today I spotted a deuce parked at a local tire shop. At first I chuckled at the sight of polished aluminum wheels on a camouflage deuce. Since NAPA was right next door I stopped in for a fuel filter and a little look see. I was surprised at what was behind those shiny wheels. Somebody put some effort into this truck.

Attachments

mich6212

Wow! I too at first was like: :cookoo:

but then you see all the goodies. Now I am jealous.

Does you have any more information about it?

I agree with what you said about the shiny wheels, but does anyone know some specs about such things? Looks like some sort of Alcoas maybe and some highway treads. Very nice!

Bighurt

There is a reason they went unchanged for over half a century, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'll keep mine the way it is. [thumbzup]

Westech

CPL
WTF kind of pan-hard *brace*bar is that? flattened exhaust pipe? YUK! I would not drive that.

And if you look at the oil pan.. its the Multi fuel engine.

Last edited:

Trango

There is a reason they went unchanged for over half a century, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'll keep mine the way it is. [thumbzup]
I concur that the M35 suspension design has its merits. However, if you were building a truck today, as one example of many, no way would you build a 0* caster kingpin angle on a steering axle on leafs, without a panhard. The rear axle system is functional but even that is sloppy. Even when I was a relatively stock deuce owner, one of my first mods was to the rear bogies, to cut down on the just plan imprecision of that system.

Yes, the M35 is bullet proof, EMP proof, and grunt proof. It's also a shining example of a number of cost, design, and operator-friendly compromises, all dating from a design originating in the late 60's.

And, the point of this forum is to celebrate the best parts of this platform, and take them one step further through creative modification.

Bottom line - nobody is suggesting that the M35 suspension system is at all broke; however, is it fit for improvement? You bet.

Very respectfully,
Bob

Last edited:

Westech

CPL

Yes, the M35 is bullet proof, EMP proof, and grunt proof. It's also a shining example of a number of cost, design, and operator-friendly compromises, all dating from a design originating in the late 60's.

b

Really its a late 40's design. Production started in 1954 I think. Only thing that was changed is the engine. Everything else is the same. (besides a OD gear in the trans and U joints in the front axle)

Trango

WTF kind of pan-hard bar is that? flattened exhaust pipe? YUK! I would not drive that.

And if you look at the oil pan.. its the Multi fuel engine.
Edit: Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I disagree but I will leave it at that.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks