• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you look past the shiny wheels

Westech

CPL
I take it you were typing your book while I edited my post. flattened tube is a no go. it will fold over. look how thin that is. I did not add the word brace to me last post. But.... Guess what....? Its not my truck. I dont care. The end.

I am here all week.

Trango

It has come to my realization that discussing this project, or discussing my work on this forum, is probably not what I should be doing with my time. While I have what I would say is experienced disagreement with many elements of this thread, I can see that this is more conversational than technical and I'd like to remove myself from participation, as evidenced by edits above.

V/r,
Bob

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Really its a late 40's design. Production started in 1954 I think. Only thing that was changed is the engine. Everything else is the same. (besides a OD gear in the trans and U joints in the front axle

The REO series (2 1/5t and 5t) First on the road in 1951, I had a early 1952 m52

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The REO series (2 1/5t and 5t) First on the road in 1951, I had a early 1952 m52
Actually the first Reo's were made in limited numbers in 1949. Production must have started in large numbers (deuces) in 1950. There's a few 50's around here with a 49 at the museum on Warner-Robbins. (or at least there used to be).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
wow, didn't know thay went back to 49, thought early 51 was the magic year

plym49

pic #5 says to me that he lost alot of suspension travel/articulation out back.
Yet based on the level of engineering evidenced here, I'd say that was the design intent.
X2 The suspension will not articulate properly as built. It is fine for the drag strip or flat level ground. Once it tries to articulate, there are going to be stressed components, then they will flex and eventually crack.

plym49

I like the single wheel placement and the custom link suspension.
Looks like this is a house movers truck. no flex needed just grunt power.
What is up with the collapsed front bags? why two?
Probably two because they are not sized to handle the load singly.

If the rear track bar is mounted the same as the front, how can the axle move up and down. Answer: it can;t without something flexing. That is not a suspension, that is a truss. From what I see, at least.

JOEDEUCE

Different strokes for different folks..... Other than the other previously stated questionable items on this truck, I am curious about that front bag or bags that appear mostly deflated..... Or overloaded....

auron

This looks to be a street deuce compromising the flexability if the original setup for air ride. Not done correctly I think cause a 4 link bagged would work better to make it not ride like a skateboard w/ current link set up .

imho I wouldn't want it cause who wants a deuce for street only

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks