• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If your turbo blew up what would you replace it with?

treysoucie

It is a possibility that I missed a few. Some trucks were still parked in the DRMO lot despite being up for auction, one of mine was. Glad you got a screamer lol.
Lol always enjoyed the more lively ones! Well I'm glad you didn't put your eyes on ALL of them. I was nervous I had a defective turbo.

DeuceSiek

My "C" turbo just went on me over the weekend. I was pulling up a hill and the turbo started screeching, lost power and started blowing smoke. I have pulled the turbo off and inspected it. The findings revealed that the bearing went bad, and the turbine wheel is rubbing on about 15% on the circumference of the compressor side of the turbo.

The truck is a 72 M25a2 converted to a dump. I routinely carry full loads up many hills.

My question is " Will a D series turbo be a direct bolt on replacement for my current C turbo?"
And "Is it worth attempting to rebuild my current turbo seeing how there was minor blade to housing contact? I am worried about a possible balance problem.

Thank you in advance for the advice.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A "d" turbo is a direct fit swap.

No, on fixing the old one with scrape damage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks