• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If your turbo blew up what would you replace it with?

treysoucie

It is a possibility that I missed a few. Some trucks were still parked in the DRMO lot despite being up for auction, one of mine was. Glad you got a screamer lol.
Lol always enjoyed the more lively ones! Well I'm glad you didn't put your eyes on ALL of them. I was nervous I had a defective turbo.

DeuceSiek

My "C" turbo just went on me over the weekend. I was pulling up a hill and the turbo started screeching, lost power and started blowing smoke. I have pulled the turbo off and inspected it. The findings revealed that the bearing went bad, and the turbine wheel is rubbing on about 15% on the circumference of the compressor side of the turbo.

The truck is a 72 M25a2 converted to a dump. I routinely carry full loads up many hills.

My question is " Will a D series turbo be a direct bolt on replacement for my current C turbo?"
And "Is it worth attempting to rebuild my current turbo seeing how there was minor blade to housing contact? I am worried about a possible balance problem.

Thank you in advance for the advice.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A "d" turbo is a direct fit swap.

No, on fixing the old one with scrape damage.