• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you're still waitin on EUC

rcflyer70

Finally received approval for event #4495 - only took a little over a month. I did find an email address for the folks in Battle Creek. I sent them an email basically asking why it takes so long to get a generator and trailer approved. Can't wait to get the generic government answer:confused:.

mahdey

i had to live chat them monday as i got fed up of waiting. Lo and behold next day i get an approval email for the truck and the two trailers i bought...what a crock pot operation these cu*ts are running.

1qwkgoat

i had to live chat them monday as i got fed up of waiting. Lo and behold next day i get an approval email for the truck and the two trailers i bought...what a crock pot operation these cu*ts are running.

In a way I second that. The part that I think sucks is higher up with the people who set the policies for GL. For my EUC I worked with Hiedi and Brandi, they both where extremely helpful and nice. I feel they really have their hands tied, trying to help us yet stay withing the dumbass system and policies GL has.

35 days so far for me. Battle Creek sucks

ncdeerejeep

It has been 42 days today since event 4573 closed(8/6/09). EUC has been sent to BC since 8/14/09. I am afraid to contact GL about what is taking so long for they my cancel the sale in a couple of days. I just don't want to set of any red flags......If they do cancel my sale I am starting a letter writing campaign to my congressman and the AG's office.

1qwkgoat

It has been 42 days today since event 4573 closed(8/6/09). EUC has been sent to BC since 8/14/09. I am afraid to contact GL about what is taking so long for they my cancel the sale in a couple of days. I just don't want to set of any red flags......If they do cancel my sale I am starting a letter writing campaign to my congressman and the AG's office.

Same here. I'm at day 35 since my EUC status got changed to "sent to Battle Creek"(8/13/09). It really does suck that it takes this long and I hate it, but just like you I don't want to raise any flags to get my sale canceled. At same time though I'm growing tired of sitting around and doing nothing about it. That's not how I was raised, when something's broke or there's a problem you fix it. Battle creek is very hard for me to deal with

1qwkgoat

Hopefully that means mine and NCdeere's should be close behind yours. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but and this point it's getting very hard to do.

rcflyer70

I too had a chat with the folks at Government Liquidations the day before my EUC was approved...now I read anothers have done the same -mmmm.

I probably just caused myself more problems but below is a copy of the email I sent to DRMS public affairs last night. Below the email is a response I received this morning...hopefully they follow through:

To whom it may concern,

I'm sending this email as both a vehicle for several questions I have concerning the EUC approval process and to express some frustration as to the length of time it took to get mine approved - almost a month.

To start, Government Liquidation is an extremely easy company to work with. Thus far, everyone I've dealt with have been more than willing to help in anyway possible to make bidding/purchasing/pickup a no hassle process. The only exception to this the submission/approval of the EUC form.
I understand the need for DRMO to verify to whom a "sensitive" piece of equipment is being sold to but I think the process I just went through, that being the amount of waiting time, bordered on ridiculous, especially for what I purchased; 2 generators and a trailer. I would most certainly understand the need for a thorough background check if I was purchasing a tank, battleship, or howitzer but a generator? trailer? truck? I think this is a little overboard. The last time I checked, a generator, trailer, and truck were available for purchase, though not near the price/quality, just about anywhere. Why does DRMO require a background check for these items? They are not dangerous and not unique.

Even though it is a right for any American, as long as you meet certain criteria - not mentally insane, don't do drugs, not a felon, etc to purchase/own a firearm, a background check is required - I thoroughly support this! The last time I purchased a hand gun, it took longer to fill out the paperwork than it did to get approval for purchase (When you fill out the yellow form, which is considerably more detailed than the EUC, the dealer immediately calls in the purchase for it to be either approved or delayed. If approved, you get the gun immediately. If delayed, they have 5 business days to get back to the dealer with an answer. If they do not, the sale goes through. If they return an answer of "decline", they send you a reason). Total time was about 20 minutes. Here's the obvious question - if a person can pick out, pay for, fill out the paper work, get approval, and take home a firearm the SAME DAY, why is the process so lengthy to get approval to purchase something as benign as a generator, trailer, or truck?
If a person gets pulled over by law enforcement (sheriff, police, etc), their driver's license is ran through the same system, NICS, as the FBI uses to approve firearm purchases. If the system works so quickly for the police to ascertain whether or not you are a want felon, terrorist, etc once again, why does the approval for the purchase of a trailer, generator, or truck take so long?

Not to beat a dead horse but isn't there a quicker, easier way of doing background checks for the EUC necessary purchases through Government Liquidations? I'm sure that there is a policy in effect and that is being followed. I implore you to review the policy to determine if changes can be made which would speed up the approval process. If the system in place, namely NCIS, is good enough for law enforcement and to determine if it is okay for an individual to purchase a firearm, then wouldn't it work for the purchase of any Government Liquidation EUC required item?

Thank you for your time

The response:

Dear Mr. Bissell:

I am going to share your note with the people on our staff here in Battle Creek, MI who work with the office in the Washington, D.C. area that reviews EUC applications and issues the certificates.

We are sensitive to your concerns and have been looking at how EUCs are processed. The background check process for weapons purchases you mentioned may help generate some ideas that can be used as we work with the EUC office in an effort to improve the EUC process.

Thank you for writing. If people working from the front end of a process don’t provide their viewpoints and talk about the effect on them - the people on the other end can’t make it better. I am going to drop your note into my "tickler" file for six months from now and write back to you on what changes if any have been made to the process.

We'll just have to wait and see!!!

rcflyer70

I too had a chat with the folks at Government Liquidations the day before my EUC was approved...now I read anothers have done the same -mmmm.

I probably just caused myself more problems but below is a copy of the email I sent to DRMS public affairs last night. Below the email is a response I received this morning...hopefully they follow through:

To whom it may concern,

I'm sending this email as both a vehicle for several questions I have concerning the EUC approval process and to express some frustration as to the length of time it took to get mine approved - almost a month.

To start, Government Liquidation is an extremely easy company to work with. Thus far, everyone I've dealt with have been more than willing to help in anyway possible to make bidding/purchasing/pickup a no hassle process. The only exception to this the submission/approval of the EUC form.
I understand the need for DRMO to verify to whom a "sensitive" piece of equipment is being sold to but I think the process I just went through, that being the amount of waiting time, bordered on ridiculous, especially for what I purchased; 2 generators and a trailer. I would most certainly understand the need for a thorough background check if I was purchasing a tank, battleship, or howitzer but a generator? trailer? truck? I think this is a little overboard. The last time I checked, a generator, trailer, and truck were available for purchase, though not near the price/quality, just about anywhere. Why does DRMO require a background check for these items? They are not dangerous and not unique.

Even though it is a right for any American, as long as you meet certain criteria - not mentally insane, don't do drugs, not a felon, etc to purchase/own a firearm, a background check is required - I thoroughly support this! The last time I purchased a hand gun, it took longer to fill out the paperwork than it did to get approval for purchase (When you fill out the yellow form, which is considerably more detailed than the EUC, the dealer immediately calls in the purchase for it to be either approved or delayed. If approved, you get the gun immediately. If delayed, they have 5 business days to get back to the dealer with an answer. If they do not, the sale goes through. If they return an answer of "decline", they send you a reason). Total time was about 20 minutes. Here's the obvious question - if a person can pick out, pay for, fill out the paper work, get approval, and take home a firearm the SAME DAY, why is the process so lengthy to get approval to purchase something as benign as a generator, trailer, or truck?
If a person gets pulled over by law enforcement (sheriff, police, etc), their driver's license is ran through the same system, NICS, as the FBI uses to approve firearm purchases. If the system works so quickly for the police to ascertain whether or not you are a want felon, terrorist, etc once again, why does the approval for the purchase of a trailer, generator, or truck take so long?

Not to beat a dead horse but isn't there a quicker, easier way of doing background checks for the EUC necessary purchases through Government Liquidations? I'm sure that there is a policy in effect and that is being followed. I implore you to review the policy to determine if changes can be made which would speed up the approval process. If the system in place, namely NCIS, is good enough for law enforcement and to determine if it is okay for an individual to purchase a firearm, then wouldn't it work for the purchase of any Government Liquidation EUC required item?

Thank you for your time

The response:

Dear Mr. Bissell:

I am going to share your note with the people on our staff here in Battle Creek, MI who work with the office in the Washington, D.C. area that reviews EUC applications and issues the certificates.

We are sensitive to your concerns and have been looking at how EUCs are processed. The background check process for weapons purchases you mentioned may help generate some ideas that can be used as we work with the EUC office in an effort to improve the EUC process.

Thank you for writing. If people working from the front end of a process don’t provide their viewpoints and talk about the effect on them - the people on the other end can’t make it better. I am going to drop your note into my "tickler" file for six months from now and write back to you on what changes if any have been made to the process.

We'll just have to wait and see!!!

bassetdeuce

I Think I should Rename This Thread As

Patience Is A Virtue

I dont know wheather rocking the boat a DRMS is such a good idea, however I think rocking a boat with your senator about buying from GL might be a good thing if you've had a problem.

Personally mine went smooth, I had to wait, yes I had first time nail biting jitters, but I knew what I was getting into, I think the other thing that I need to add my 2 cents to is that the Gov doesn't have to sell anything to anyone, I would imagine that they can close up shop, press everything and not deal with selling. We need to realize that by sending letters/E-mails to DRMS we're not just affecting ourselves, we're affecting everyone, I still would like to get a 5 ton, maybe :razz:.

My advice, think twice, hang on, make a list of mods, read TM's, Plan Parades/Car Shows, buy filters, there's plenty of prep you can do to pass the time.
What the poster above did was not rocking the boat. I see it as a legit question. Why does the gov require EUC on things anyone can buy anywhere, and what can be done to speed things up similiar to NICS? I agree with the patience thing as far as Battle Creek. There is nothing anyone can do about that except bite fingernails. That said, waiting more than a week or two for GL to submit a verified correct EUC to Battle Creek is unacceptable and complaints should be made.

Last edited:

stumps

I Think I should Rename This Thread As

Patience Is A Virtue

I dont know wheather rocking the boat a DRMS is such a good idea, however I think rocking a boat with your senator about buying from GL might be a good thing if you've had a problem.
You haven't seen anything until you see what happens when a senator, or congressman puts an inquiry into a government organization. The organization is required to drop everything and find the answer. That causes more than a little distress to the folks under the lens.
Personally mine went smooth, I had to wait, yes I had first time nail biting jitters, but I knew what I was getting into, I think the other thing that I need to add my 2 cents to is that the Gov doesn't have to sell anything to anyone, I would imagine that they can close up shop, press everything and not deal with selling. We need to realize that by sending letters/E-mails to DRMS we're not just affecting ourselves, we're affecting everyone, I still would like to get a 5 ton, maybe :razz:.
On the contrary, the government does have to sell its surplus materials. It is required to do so by law. The condition the material is in when they make it available for sale is open to debate, but they are directed to recover as much of the taxpayer's money as is practicable.

I don't think you should ever be afraid of sending a thoughtful letter to a member of congress, or a government organization that you are forced to interface with (Emphasis: thoughtful). They need input in order to gage how they are doing at serving their customers.
My advice, think twice, hang on, make a list of mods, read TM's, Plan Parades/Car Shows, buy filters, there's plenty of prep you can do to pass the time.
All reasonable things to do, but the EUC process shouldn't even exist for most of the demil Q items. It is wasteful of tax monies.

-Chuck

Last edited:

1qwkgoat

I think the letter RC wrote was good. Theie system is flawed, it needed to be brought to their attention. I'm glad it seems as if, he has gotten their attention. Yes, they can close up shop and stop selling, but I imagine it's profitable to sale through GL. Beyond that whichever they chose to do, they should do correctly and efficiently. As was pointed out there are better systems out there that are much quicker to do the background checks. Why not use them they are already developed and in place. If anything it would mean more efficient system with less workload for BC.

As far as saying just be patient and wait. Most people including myself have been patient and silently waited, once that wait borders on ridiculous, it's time to say something. During my wait I've read the TM's. As for prepping I have a friend that works at the local orielly's I have verified he can get the filters for me etc... But I see now reason to buy them and no reason to batteries or any other parts that need to be ordered in, for a truck I may never get. I already have enough money tied up in it as is, to add salt to the wound I passed up a deal on a rolling chassic or a 70 challenger I have always wanted due to what I spent on the deuce. If battle creek takes to long and GL cancels my sale then I just missed out on 2 oppertunities to have a vehicle I have always wanted. If Battle Creek had anything other then a stone age based system today I would either have a deuce or a dodge challenger project to work on.

I've do everything I can to stave off writing to GL or BC(drms,drmo,DLA). The wait has become beyond what should be considered acceptable in today's modern electronic age. As much as I wanted a Deuce, I'm ready to just get past this and recover my losses($$$ from GL) so that I may move onto my next project.

Last edited:

TexRdnec

i call the FBI almost daily running NICS checks on people. the vast majority of the time this is about a 3 MINUTE ordeal:

5-27-093-01-0a-74362
password
one

smith, john evan
TX
6' 0"
175lbs
05/23/1964
123-45-6789
TX
united states
no
handgun............

those are the ONLY words spoken from my end and 90% of the time i have an answer of, "proceed" within 30 seconds.

why i have to wait 11 business days for a company simply to submit a form with less information to the gov't for consideration only to wait longer then again is pretty damned ridiculous really.

ETA: i don't even have to contact the FBI if someone has already been through a little more extensive process (i.e. concealed handgun permit holder) now THAT would be the way to go on this..............

ddskehan

35 calender days and still waiting. I'm a little disaapionted in the process. I have a ltc in one of the hardest states to get them. I served in the military from 86-93 and have a honorable discharge. I pay my taxes and go to church. This crap is unreasonable. they could ok us in 5 minutes if they wanted to.

I finally got a notice they wanted revisions... (they wanted my middle name spelled out) and I got that on Saturdat afternoon???? they work saturdays? closing in on the DRMS needed date... UGH

1qwkgoat

I wonder what the chances(%) that GL catches the 45 day wait on EUC's. From what I had seen this summer, it seems like quiet a few people made it past 45 days with out getting there sale canceled and still ended up gettin approved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks