• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Im completely lost

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you are right the pulley looks to be installed backwards. I ran the 200amp wire to the batteries and started the truck. Tested it and the batteries are charging and everything seems to be good generator wise. I've been short on time lately and the heat has been crazy like the rest of the country so I try to get all the work done before 11am.

It seems perfectly drivable with the 3 pulleys after doing a lap around the block but I want to get it proper as soon as I can but I don't feel uneasy driving it short distances.

In two weeks I'll have more time to basically undo all my work to get the pulley swapped correctly on the PS and install new belts. I have new belts in the kit that look brand new and are in great shape. Thanks again for all your Mogman help I will keep you posted!

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wanted to send an update. Took longer to get to this than I wanted but such is life. Got the powersteering pump out. I dropped it from the bottom so I didn't have to remove the alternator and switched the pulley around with no issues. Installing new belts wasn't hard at all. I feed one in at a time and just passed it through each fan with little issue. I appreciate everyone's help with this.

Had some issues with power steering after when the truck was idling. Steering wheel was doffixult to turn when stopped...but pretty sure it because I mixed dex 6 with the dex flexible stuff. I read both bottles and talked to an ase mechanic who said it would be ok but it clearly isnt. Seems theres an issie with that goldenish solnoid making quiet noise. Now I will be flushing the system by pumping out the old and putting exclusively dex6. Hopefully that fixes it as it's the only variable left.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many use DEX III but in any case all the same fluid is never a bad idea, there is a procedure for getting the air out of the system, I have never done it I just wait for it to work itself out, it is rather normal for the Cadillac valve to be noisy, even more so when there is air in the system.
Sounds like you are on a solid path!

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the encouragement. I flushed the system four times this morning before work. Definitely an improvement when driving not turning while idling. I'll have to try the bleeding procedure. The bleeder valve on the steering box as you can image is pretty rough but I'll keep everyone posted.

Been a wasted summer of no drive on beach this year but I'll have a brand new front end of the motor so thats a positive.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quick question reviving this project. What is everyone running for v belts? I have the military belts that came with the 200 amp kit but they are rubbish. They slip constantly. Also anyone know the sizes or part numbers of good belts so I dont have to take off to measure to only wait while I order new ones.

Thanks in advance!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks