• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm looking at getting the big bad 10ton. . .

tatra813

poor guy is taking a beating on this thread.

Personally I love the military theme but Im all for customizing a truck, all the red wouldnt be my personal choice but if you are putting time and money into a truck you might as well do it how you would like.

There are so many levels of the guys who want everything perfectly stock down to the correct nut and bolt. Personaly I think that is too extreme but to each his own.

common guys give this guy a break! at least he likes big trucks!!

ok I read back a few pages this guy is definitily imature!

Let the beatings continue!!

tatra813

maddawg308 said:
Recovry4x4 said:
As for me, my next project is going to be a chopped, channelled and sectioned 69 Hurst AMX with VW power for fuel economy! With the relative low power and pitiful dependability of the 390 Rambler motor, the VW is very appealing.
Sorry, guys, but for some reason I find the following photo very applicable at this time:
now thats funny!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's still around? Thought he was off to China or Darfur or something like that? He still have that shop van thing?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aw, I wanted to see a K in an M series truck. Driving it would be like steering a doug fir 2x4 thru a slalom course. But it WOULD be a rocket :shock: in a straight line! Kinda like the Kawasaki 750 tripple! You guys are mean :twisted:
Wonder what DR and Wallew are up to?

spicergear

tatra813 said:
poor guy is taking a beating on this thread.

Personally I love the military theme but Im all for customizing a truck...
Yeah, I can't wait to dump out a 250 Cummins or Gas 6602 and drop in my est 375hp single turbo 8V71! Would like to go Allison then...I'm not gonna tell any of you sum-bugger, radish eating, sun loving, what-isses about HOW the front axle will be driven! SO HA! TAKE THAT! RAHHHHH!!! aua

...yeah, prolly the stock T-case. ;)

tbrenner

Now look what you all have done. You scared the poor guy away. I wanted to see if he could have given me any info on mounting a belly mower on an M35. :D

Rattlehead

tbrenner said:
Now look what you all have done. You scared the poor guy away. I wanted to see if he could have given me any info on mounting a belly mower on an M35. :D

Hey I like that idea! Shouldn't be too difficult using a rear facing PTO to drive it. Or you could go the pony motor route, Maybe a bed mounted, twin turbo'd, small block Chevy bored/stroked out to 600 cid? And don't tell me that's not possible, Ive seen this exact motor installed in a Pinto, running in the 8's in the quarter mile!

Plus, if you live somewhere that has ordinances, you can just claim its your lawn mower and not a big truck. I don't recall ever seeing an ordinance on the max size of your lawn mower. Of course I still need a front facing PTO to run a huge flail chain :twisted:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That above is what I'd call "ignunt". Funny, but ignunt. If really want to be silly with a 2.5 ton or larger truck, are there not some smallish diameter jet engines that would fit in the space between the rear axle and the bottom of the bed? 13500 lb. thrust + M35 = 1G acceleration. (until it eats a pebble off the road anyway)

You guys were handling this so well. I might have suggested he convert it to diesel-electric like a locomotive or the Oshkosh Pro-Pulse HEMTT! -after all he seemed to have alot of resources.

Putting a jet engine in an M35 sounds like something they'd do at some of those late 80's early 90's monster truck or drag race nights. Jet or turbine powered ATV's or buses.
Hhaha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks