• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

im thinking about selling and starting over what do you think?

bubba_got_you

[FONT=&quot]im thinking about selling and starting over what do you think? I was just thinking about doing it again but different this time. I would put a 4bt in it instead of the 318 and do other things different than I did this time. If I where to sell it what do you think its worth? All the canvas is new the motor runs like a scalded cat and the tires are almost new.[/FONT]

Attachments

nattieleather

Why not keep the truck and start over? Sell the motor and other part and do it over again. To me I don't see any reason to get a whole different truck to redo what you want to do.

bubba_got_you

[FONT=&quot]the only reason I would sell it is because one I would need the cash for the new motor and by selling it I could get enough to pay for the new truck new motor and have it back on the road in 6 months if I do the swap without selling it will be 2-3 years before I will have all the parts/cash I would need to do the swap. But I really understand where you guys are coming from about using this truck it is a nice truck with barley any rust and I have pored lots of time and money in it. [/FONT]

nattieleather

I understand what your saying....ben there doing that.... :) As for the value of your truck...well that's hard to say. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. To a historical collector it's not worth much because all the things needed to restor it engine, rims, trans etc are, in their opinion, mucked up. To the guy who wants a HMV that can do 60mph it may be gold? All I can say is figure on what you have in it and what you want out of it and set a price and see what happens.

Jake0147

If you're not sure that you could get as much for the truck as what you have into it, then how would you come out ahead by selling it at a loss and then starting with a new less expensive truck that needs all that same money re-invested in it again? Now you've shelled out the difference between it's actual cost and it's actual value two times over, and still with only one nice truck to show for it? That doesn't sound like it's helping any with the cost of a new engine?

Tanner

If you opt to go with another truck & perform a 4BT swap & associated changes required, you could EASILY tie up $8k in just the powertrain swap alone to do it right... ask Garbee about the outlay on his 4BT swap -

Tanner

Greensteel37

Keep it and make the swap. You know that truck inside and out and will have few if any surprises when you swap the 4bt in there. Get another truck and it's gonna be months of "ooh, I didn't know that was wore out" all over again. Don't throw away all that work!!!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i agree with the lot .. save all you have worked for. redo that truck. you will most likely spend as much money and all that work.... AGAIN.... so just redo what you dont like Tim

stalker

selling?

What issues are you having that would cause that thought process... other than dreams of a plasma T.V.? I heard about the charging issues but there must be more that I have not read about:cry:. The rock crawl was cool, but the trails were made for and by jeeps. I did put the M43 into a pond and could not figure out why the jeep boys were not willing to go into the deep end:?:... I played in that end of the pond and found out later from the owner of the property that there is a 40 foot deep hole going to the aquafer on that end:twisted:. Next time I go into a pond I will have to remember to tie a ballon to the winch line so I can find my truck:!:

m26a1tom

I know a 4bt would fit nicely, make a fairly easy swap, and give great fuel milage. Why not a 6bt though? I plan on putting one in a WWII 1/2 ton in a year or two. It would be alot of work, but it would be one mean and unique truck when its done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks