• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm worried about my Deuce freezing tonight

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
40 posts and no one told him to snuggle with the truck all night. If you really loved it you would.

(No, Gimpy snuggling with a bunch of women doesn't count.)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
40 posts and no one told him to snuggle with the truck all night. If you really loved it you would.

You seem to have missed Post #27 that Gimp put up.

It says snuggle up with 3 or 4 chicks and make your own heat! This cold crap sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!View attachment 536063

As little Billy (Bubba's kid brother) once asked... What does Massage Da Twa mean?

hypertex

I dropped into the 20s here last week and I was running around looking for anti-gel. Fortunately I was ridiculed enough by friends telling me not to worry if it's only 20 degrees. BTW, locals tell me it hasn't snowed in Needles since 1949

Sno_CA.jpg

Last edited:
Also when I started it, oil came pouring out of the filter housing seals. It seemed to stop but a spin on kit is now next on the list if I still have a block left tomorrow.
The other thing I noticed is my cab heater seems to be piped in on both sides of the thermostat so maybe it was flowing even with the t stat closed ?? Didn't seem to be moving looking in the rad cap though.
I just installed the spin on filter upgrade today, pretty simple. Seems like good quality.

rustystud

Well, she survived the night. The antifreeze I had drained out did not freeze so very doubtful the engine would.
Anyone got a pic of the proper place to tie in the heater hoses ?
]004 (4).jpg011 (3).jpg020 (2).jpg003 (3).jpg009.jpg011 (2).jpg006 (4).jpg011.jpg Here is how my truck is set up. Pic #1 has the top valve which comes from the block heater outlet, the middle valve which goes to the cab heater inlet, and the lower hose which goes to the coolant filter inlet. Pic # 2 shows the block heater hose inlet. Pic #3 shows the cab heater hoses. Pic #4 The lower valve is from the heater return, the middle valve is for an auxiliary heater. Pic#5 shows the valve for the block heater inlet. Pic#6 shows where the plug is for the block heater. You must remove the starter relay and mount it on the frame. Pic #7 is the coolant filter. Pic #8 shows the block heater hoses and the starter relay mounted on the frame.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You seem to have missed Post #27 that Gimp put up.

As little Billy (Bubba's kid brother) once asked... What does Massage Da Twa mean?

No, I didn't miss it. I said it didn't count. ;-)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Rusty, I've never seen the starter relay in that spot, did you add it there? I know some trucks didn't come with one. Also, whats with all the different paint? It makes your truck motor look like a chick that doesn't know how to put on make up!

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, she survived the night. The antifreeze I had drained out did not freeze so very doubtful the engine would.
Anyone got a pic of the proper place to tie in the heater hoses ?
I got a circulating engine heater I may install this weekend.
Glad to hear she survived the night. :goodjob:

rustystud

005 (3).jpg
gimp[ATTACH=CONFIG said:
536369._xfImport[/ATTACH]yrobb;1656010 (4).jpg807]Rusty, I've never seen the starter relay in that spot, did you add it there? I know some trucks didn't come with one. Also, whats with all the different paint? It makes your truck motor look like a chick that doesn't know how to put on make up!
I had to move the relay to get access to the water plug on the side of the block. It fits just right there on the frame and if it ever go's out it will be easy to replace. As far as the paint goes, I use whatever I have at the time. Those parts where sandblasted so they needed something on them as I hate rust ! Latter on I will paint all with a good "Olive Drab" paint .
I'm surprised no one commented on Pic #4. The bottom of the Air intake manifold was tapped out for a 1/2" NPT valve so I could use it for my auxiliary cab heater. The lower fitting has the return for the cab heater and the auxiliary heater. I also forgot to add a picture of the coolant heater and the cab heater.

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

Have you sealed up the enormous hole around the steering column? Did you see a major improvement in heat output when you bolted the heater box straight to the firewall?

rustystud

Have you sealed up the enormous hole around the steering column? Did you see a major improvement in heat output when you bolted the heater box straight to the firewall?
The hole in the firewall is part of my steering project. Yes the heater puts out a lot more heat into the cab this way. I never realized how much was lost due to the heater duct hose and the larger housing. Plus I get all that space around the injection pump now.

rustystud

Larger housing? Which housing is that? It looks like the standard heater housing.
I just remove my heater assembly during the warm months for more access.
I went back to this post to add a picture I found and I reread everything. I'm sorry Jeepsinker I never saw your last post here.
What I ment to say was the original heater box is twice the size it needs to be. When it is cut down it makes for a more efficient heat transfer. No large area to heat up and also less surface area to lose heat too.

rustystud

OK, I need someone who has computer savvy to help me. I have cleaned out my browser and cookies and also the computers "prefetch" file. Nothing works. The message reads "28 jpg unable to load" . Any suggestions ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks