• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

in a bad way!

FormerNewMVGuy

There is a bolt on top of the filter housing that you must loosen, it is under the generator, Dont spin the housing, you may ruin the gasket.

Remove the can by loosening the bolt , and reinstall by tightening the bolt!

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, i dont know why she wouldnt fire off of ether.

anyway, I pulled the punp out of the tank, cleaned her up, and reinstalled. barley any fuel is being pumped out of the tank. Gonna oreder a new fuel pump and swap all the fileters. I tried loosening the primary filter with no luck. I read the TM, and it showed removing the filter/pump from the truck.....mmmm why? or is it easier to do than just spinning the filter housing off?
I wouldn't order a new fuel pump just yet. If the pump is running and the pump is intact, the pump is likely not the problem. You can test the fuel pump by running it disconnected from the line and check the output. Make certain that there are no holes in the hose and definitely replace all three filters.

Chuck76

already ordered the pump. ....shes pumping but not alot. all three filters are out. the primary was full of oil sludge where the previous owner was running waste oil ( i hope thats where it came from ). gonna clean out the lines to the primary filter, drain the fuel tank, clean her out as best I can.... reassemble it all and try again....

my best guess, is when I filled the tank with diesel, it stirred up all the gunk in the bottom of the tank, thus making it to the primary filter, clogging it up. The secondary filters looked good, other than sludge/gunk in the bottom of the canisters.

:)on a good note, I work with a guy that worked on M35a2's in the Marines for 11 years, and has offered his help with maintence or anything else I have trouble with. I learn better hands on than tring to read it from a book.

Chuck76

still waiting on the fuel pump. should be here any day now. I wanted to pump the fuel out of the tank, and remove it (its mounted in the bed) clean it out, repaint it. So even with the old pump pumping alittle, I figured I'd use it...nope, its humming, but not pumping.

Chuck76

update. Fuel pump showed up, installed, bled the fuel system. She will only start off of either, even if you shut her down and immedatly try to restart her. ???????

I eliminated the flame heater all together, but this shouldt affect how she starts...80* out today

lawdog1623

My guess would be that its going to take you a considerable amount of time to flush the engine clean so that it will run right. The ignorence of people kills me. I realize that these are " multifuel " engines but what would possess someone to just drop motor oil into the gas tank? Even a complete moron would know that there will be problems down the road because of this. Im sorry but this really irks me. People just destroy these engines even when diesel is readily available. I could see doing this in a post apocalyptic zombie overrun society. In most cases theres simply no need for it. End rant!:mad:

Chuck76

well, I understand the rant.....belive me, I'm not happy with all the trouble I'm having with her at the moment...i'm sure once all the bugs are worked out, she'll be a great ole truck.

panshark

put me on the list of the unfit owners. I'm too hard-headed to believe the propaganda at the pump regarding ULTRA-LOW sulfur diesel: "Recommended for all on-highway diesels."

My engine runs quieter when I feed it a motor oil-diesel oil mix.

To avoid having to face engine problems, or passing the problem onto a new owner (if I ever decide to sell) I do filter my fuel and keep my filters clean.

Chuck76

when i filled up the tank with diesel, i belive it stirred up all the gunk in the bottom of the tank, pushing threw the pump, clogging up the primary filter, burning up the pump in the process.

As a recap, new fuel pump, new fuel filters, removed and plugged all ports for the flame heater ( pouring fuel out the weep hole) and now she will only start with either. Even after idleing for 10-15 mins, shut her down, if she dosent shut down on her own, try to restart, only on ether.???????

jerseyjeep2003

It sounds like you have an air leak in the fuel line somewhere. Double check all of the fittings. Or, if there was that much junk in your filters, possibly a clogged injector.

I also run mine on a mixture of diesel and centrifuged AND filtered WMO. It really likes the mix, and keeps everything in the fuel system well lubricated. IF you ever decide to run WMO, be certain to clean it very very well, and change the filters about every 6 -8 months, just to be on the safe side. Just don't ever pour straight out of an engine WMO into the tank....not good, not good at all.

Chuck76

Well, still the same thing, wont start unless either is used. I started her up, let her idle for 10 mons, checked for leaks...and found none. I was wondering if the hose on the fuel pump could be leaking inside the tank.. would this cause such a problem?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If the truck started right up, every time, before your incident at the gas station, I would say it is a fuel delivery issue. Might also want to try starting it with the air filter removed.

m816

Yep, fuel out, air in, it won't stat till its full of fuel. When you do get it sorted out, order a set of spin on filters from JATONKA. and get er done

Chuck76

Yep, fuel out, air in, it won't stat till its full of fuel. When you do get it sorted out, order a set of spin on filters from JATONKA. and get er done
I'm planning on it..... or doing my own remote filters, eleminating the stock fuel filter system all together. All depends on cost vs cost. I built my own fuel system for my 96 f250 7.3di...407hp 723 tq at the rear wheels....but at the time I had all the braided hose at hand.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks