• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In a BIND!

mpokorney

My 1993 M35A3 needs new front wheel bearings, seals and i believe a hub.
I have located all bearings and seals but cant find a hub.

Does anyone know where i can find a front hub for my A3?

thx!

Navo

First off Im a complete noob here so sorry if I sound like an idiot. I mentioned in another post that my front passanger boot was starting to be wet with what looks like could be grease or oil.

How will I know if my bearings, hub, etc are bad?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
First off Im a complete noob here so sorry if I sound like an idiot. I mentioned in another post that my front passanger boot was starting to be wet with what looks like could be grease or oil.

Pull the hub and look.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
At the point that you hear and/or feel it, its at a dangerous point, EI- getting ready to fall off the truck.

Navo

At the point that you hear and/or feel it, its at a dangerous point, EI- getting ready to fall off the truck.
How long do these bearings and such normally last? I have a truck that has 5,500 miles on it. I just find it hard to beleive the bearings etc are bad. A seal yes, I can see that with all the sitting and not being not used.

P.S. Not trying to hi-jack the thread. Im interested as well... I my have to find parts sooner than I thought.... :shock:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

mpokorney

How long do these bearings and such normally last? I have a truck that has 5,500 miles on it. I just find it hard to beleive the bearings etc are bad. A seal yes, I can see that with all the sitting and not being not used.

P.S. Not trying to hi-jack the thread. Im interested as well... I my have to find parts sooner than I thought.... :shock:

I think it depends on a lot of factors: age, usage, maintenance etc...

My truck had 2,000 miles on it when i purchased it now it has approx 6,000. This is the first major issue i have had with it. We do a lot of creek riding which isnt good for any axle, and i probably should of did more maintenance on it to avoid these types of problems... lesson learned!!

I still need a HUB!!!!

mpokorney

Might want to think about the conversion to the A2 sytle hubs and bearings. You'll lose the CTIS up front (probably doesn't work anyway). Memphis has the kits, they're about $700.

https://polaris.lunasecure.com/MemphisEquipment/ViewCategory.aspx?id=10000148

I have thought about doing this real hard, my CTIS works flawlessly so its hard for me to rip it out at this point. Ideally i would like to find a hub and put it back together to keep my CTIS, and then keep up with the maintenance like i should of in the first place.

Navo

I have thought about doing this real hard, my CTIS works flawlessly so its hard for me to rip it out at this point. Ideally i would like to find a hub and put it back together to keep my CTIS, and then keep up with the maintenance like i should of in the first place.
My CTIS also works as well and would like to keep it original.

Heavysteven

Navo,
Take a second and relax. Before you go out and spend your money you need to pull the hub. Gear oil leaking from the axle is common. Seals go bad with age and the axle vents can clog. Take the wheel off and post some photos. Call up one the dealer Mephis...White Owl...etc Get a new boot and seals heading your way.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Well in that case, given the value of these trucks, i'd get a new hub also.

thatdude43

X2 on Heavysteven. I just replaced the bearings on my front axle. Should have been done much earlier. You feel and hear bad bearings. Feels like misalignment, if its bad enough it will mess up your tires. My bearings went out on the 4th of July and left me stranded. Couldnt move the truck, worked on it in the bank parking lot that I ended up in. Pull your hubs, inspect your bearings and inner wheel seal, clean and repack them with fresh grease, then replace your outer wheel seal and hub boots.

Coalman

I bought the one bearing off amazon one race off ebay and the other bearing off of a different ebay auction I was in no hurry and it was cheaper that way . The inner is complete race and bearing together where the outer is separate I would stay away from locatebearings They where very slow and not very friendly I paid about $800 for the 3 pcs

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks