• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inexpensive camper/utiliy box for m35a2

Any update on the status of this project?
It's mostly done.
Only a few minor things to finish.

1 More padding on the seats. Orders from my wife.
2 Some sort of floor covering in the camper. Still naked plywood.

Have been camping twice in it. Still drive it every day.

Have been working on "Operation Deception". That's code for tow vehicle.
Need to get busy and build the tow bar.

Attachments

TCB

Here is the cabover camper I out on mine- the space between the camper and the bed I added 4 more tanks plumbed to the tank I placed where the spare used to be- all of these 5 are for my blends- the stock is for diesel only- This was a long camper so I added an extending hitch for the tow bar, stayed in place all the way from MN to AZ- a trip you measure in days not hours by the way-

Attachments

plym49

Here is the cabover camper I out on mine- the space between the camper and the bed I added 4 more tanks plumbed to the tank I placed where the spare used to be- all of these 5 are for my blends- the stock is for diesel only- This was a long camper so I added an extending hitch for the tow bar, stayed in place all the way from MN to AZ- a trip you measure in days not hours by the way-
Clever use of space to stow everything. Nice.

uh60

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the great ideas from everyone. I picked up a slide in camper today. The camper is sitting on my 1008 for now but after reading the thread I have a game plan to place it on my deuce.

I have registered the truck as a motor home. It save me around six hundred dollars over two years in fees. So I am now going to remodel the camper to fit the whole bed. I started by pulling the extra in bed fuel tank and pushing the camper forward in the bed. I will add onto the end and then reside the whole camper. The extra tank will get installed on the right side of the camper in the storage area. I am thinking about just using exterior plywood and painting it with olive latex paint for the siding. It will give a lot of strength and is cheap compared to the aluminum RV siding. I will then camo it when the project is done. Here are a few pic's of the camper being moved. And one of our last camping trips so you can see how it looked before. This will be a long drawn out project due to time and money but I think it will be worth it in the end.
IMG_20121008_180359.jpg IMG_20121022_101607.jpgIMG_20121022_100911.jpgIMG_20121022_100854.jpgIMG_20121022_100938.jpgIMG_20121022_100838.jpgIMG_20121022_100822.jpg
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
McGee - Romans 7:18
Paul learned two things in this struggle, and they are something that many of us believers need to learn. “In me (that old nature we have been talking about) dwells no good thing.” Have you learned that? Have you found there is no good in you? Oh, how many of us Christians feel that we in the flesh can do something that will please God! Many believers who never find out otherwise become as busy as termites and are having about the same effect in many of our churches. They are busy as bees, but they aren’t making any honey!

unclemikey

John,
Good to hear from you, and to know the project is still alive and well. Maybe this post of yours will bring some new blood back into the Deuce Camper interest. I think your new plans will work out quite well. Your camper will now be a custom fit for your Deuce, which is bound to be so much better than just any old slide in. Looking forward to seeing the build as it goes up. It will be a project, and lots of work, however you have more than proven you are up to the task. Best of luck!

In the last year or so I have not been sitting on my hands. My camper sastained some damage, so I removed the unit and modified a 15Ft Hi-Lo trailer to mount on the Deuce. It was a bigger project than I thought it would be, but it did work out. It has a huge amount of storage under the unit and loads of room inside, but is now 2 1/2 feet shorter than before. I know you will get a kick out of this.....

Have a Very Merry Christmas my friend.teotwawki explorer near done 038.jpgteotwawki explorer near done 039.jpgteotwawki explorer near done 045.jpgteotwawki explorer near done 069.jpgteotwawki explorer near done 076.jpgteotwawki explorer near done 094.jpg

unclemikey

John, Very clever, quick and simple. I will copy your cool idea. Thanks!

No, I have not done a build thread, but I have been asked to by some others also. Guess I will have to get to it before I get to old. Take care of yourself. Unclemikey

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks