• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inexpensive camper/utiliy box for m35a2

unclemikey

Hairtrigger. That is so very cool. Welcome to the madness. I will be really looking forward to see all the cool ideas you come up with as well. Each unit is unique, but remember, this will be your rig, so do it the way you think best and most of all......Have Fun!

Hey John, We have a new brother! :jumpin:

The solenoid under the glove box is to switch on and of the 12 volt circuit with the master switch. Its pulled of the first battery with a 30 amp fuse.

I also installed one of them gizmos that keeps the battery's charge equally.

Way in the distant future I will install a second altanator to run the camper. for now I will just pull a couple batterys from the shop so I can swap them out if they get low.

You see my problem is I only have a few more weeks before the Washington rally and I'm so tired.

Have a great week
John

2 John 1:1 The Elder, To the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth, and not only I, but also all those who have known the truth,
2 John 1:2 because of the truth which abides in us and will be with us forever:

To day I change out my injectors.

They were really bad.

Also have 40 gal. of used oil in five gal. cans ready for the Washington Rally.
That give me a total of 155 gal. of fuel on the truck. That should get me there and back.

Have a great weekend
John

Daniel 12:3 Those who are wise shall shine Like the brightness of the firmament, And those who turn many to righteousness Like the stars forever and ever.

Attachments

Last edited:

unclemikey

Hey John, not trying to horn in on your thread, but I did a little mod that is kind of dumb but really works very well :idea:, thought I would share it with you and Hairtrigger and whoever. Found these little dome lights at Walmart for $5.86, they have an on/off button built into them on the side of the lense. Mounted them under the cabover above the door a bit toward the rear. You can reach out the window to turn off/on with ease. What is cool is that it lights up the area around the door ie, running board, fuel tanks, spare tire ect. Not very bright to stand out, but very handy to see what your doing, like refueling in the dark. They also light up the seat area on the side that it is on. Few pics, bit hard to get a angle, but you will get the idea. Sorry don't have any night pics, that really would be of better value. Anyway, some day when you have nothing to do on the deuce rofl Looking forward to hearing of you adverture coming up soon, best of luck on the run, have a ball!

Attachments

Almost done. Well done enough for the rally.

Had some wise guy lock my doors the other night when the truck was in the driveway. I would love to be there with a bat if you know what I mean.

So I put locks on every door. Used a hasp and padlock on the drivers door for now. Will order some of those locking handles after the trip.

As of late not a lot to report or show. Mostly little pickup stuff. But its a really long list of little pickup stuff

I have been informed I need to install a center console by my wife. Her dog has to have a seat I have been told.
Any ideas on how to do this would be appreciated.

Also any tip on doggy hearing protection?

Zephaniah 2:1-3 Gather yourselves together, yes, gather together, O undesirable nation,
Before the decree is issued, Or the day passes like chaff, Before the LORD's fierce anger comes upon you, Before the day of the LORD's anger comes upon you!
Seek the LORD, all you meek of the earth, Who have upheld His justice. Seek righteousness, seek humility. It may be that you will be hidden In the day of the LORD's anger.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46zUjaN1zNU[/media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRIKu6NBXaY[/media]

Last edited:

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can find them on most any commercial truck, most any size also. Hunt some truck wreaking yards. I got this one for ( are you ready ) $10. Good luck.
Don't want to hijack the thread . . . but since it was first mentioned here . . .

Uncle, Picked up one of those 50 gal step tanks. Mine measures 16" high, the space is 15 1/4". Did you have to do some mod'ing to make it fit? Was looking at maybe cutting the lip that sticks down from the cab. Is this what you did, or is mine bigger? Do I have bragging rights? 8)

NickAir

Shipping Container would be an option as a living quarters unit. You can get light weight aluminum containers also. It would at least be removable.

NickAir

The camper project is looking way better than I had imagined it would. I like it. Paint match makes it a military unit. Nice...

unclemikey

Don't want to hijack the thread . . . but since it was first mentioned here . . .

Uncle, Picked up one of those 50 gal step tanks. Mine measures 16" high, the space is 15 1/4". Did you have to do some mod'ing to make it fit? Was looking at maybe cutting the lip that sticks down from the cab. Is this what you did, or is mine bigger? Do I have bragging rights? 8)

LowTech, sorry I missed your post. My house got hit by lighting and a few things I am just now getting to work again. In reguards to you question. I removed the tool storage box and extended the box support arms to mount the tank on. It sits just a little lower than the box had. I still have to move the spare tire mount back about 2', but all and all I love the swap. Sounds like you have bragging rights to me.

Sorry to hear about your house Mr Unclemikey. I hope it not as bad as it sounds.

We went to the Washington rally and had a real good time. The truck worked great.
Here are some pick of the truck and the entertainment.

I made a console out of an ice chest. i drilled a hole in the bottom and attached a plastic tube.

The tube drains out the bottom of the cab, probably on top of the transfer case. We stick a cork in it if we don't want all that cold water running out.

I have still been working on the truck but its all little stuff not really worthy of a post.

Ezr 7:6 this Ezra came up from Babylon; and he was a skilled scribe in the Law of Moses, which the LORD God of Israel had given. The king granted him all his request, according to the hand of the LORD his God upon him.

Attachments

unclemikey

John, Your truck is looking sooooooo good. You have done such a good job in such a short time. Happy to hear the trip went well, sound like a lot of fun. The cooler sure works for me, I like it!

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hairtrigger, you got it looking good. keep up on the pics. Thinking about closing in the generator or leave open? What about paint ideas.

hairtrigger

Hairtrigger, you got it looking good. keep up on the pics. Thinking about closing in the generator or leave open? What about paint ideas.
Thanks, I dont know about the genny yet. I believe I will close it in, it just looks so good the way it is though. Paint will be like you see on the door in front of the genny, a simple 2 color desert tan and OD green. in that style of shapes, similar to Unclemikey's.

Last edited:
I drove mine 200 miles in a heavy rain and the generator did not get excessively wet.

The step and mud guard kept all road spray off the generator.

Its looking real good. Keep the pictures coming.

Ecc 8:2 I say, "Keep the king's commandment for the sake of your oath to God.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks