• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info Requested: M1009 Parts Identification

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently bought an M1009 that will need a great deal of work. I have been plugging away at it, a little each day. I noticed a few things that I wasn't quite sure about, so I took some pictures. If any of you can provide some insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

This clip is attached to a glow plug. Unfortunately, most of the wires have been cut. I would like to replace these wires and clips. Does anyone know where I can find these clips.

..Glow Plug Connector.jpg

The picture below shows a tiny wire that exists between the upper (Positive) and lower (Negative) terminal blocks located on the fire wall. What is this wire for?

Small Wire.jpg

Injector Return?? In the picture below, I put a couple of red arrows pointing to what appears to be small rubber hoses between the injectors. I am guessing that these hoses are part of the fuel return system. Is this correct??

Injector Return.jpg

Final picture for the night! The picture below shows a small wire clip that holds the red wire from the battery to a block on the mounted on the firewall. Most of my clips are missing. Does anyone know where I can find these clips? Are that alternative clips available? Any info would be a great help....

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone can correct me if Im wrong, but the glowplug blade connectors are simply these things: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/te-connectivity-amp/280756-4/A32509CT-ND/744835?utm_adgroup=Terminals - Quick Connects, Quick Disconnect Connectors&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping_Connectors, Interconnects_NEW&utm_term=&utm_content=Terminals - Quick Connects, Quick Disconnect Connectors&gclid=CjwKCAjw7e_0BRB7EiwAlH-goJqUCK0nl3QMmAFzB9wOnkyP8BpxJONMmsh3rc7KAVm3uqOHy0jdXhoCwZAQAvD_BwE

2nd picture - PO added a wire that connects to 12v and goes somewhere? maybe to power some accessory. Other end may be in the cab.
3rd pic - correct, fuel return lines
4th - push mount clips. try your local auto parts store
Thank you for the prompt reply. I do have the standard female spade terminals as shown in the link and I may have to use them. I was hoping to find the long, insulated type as show in pic 1. The little wire shown in pic 2 somehow links the positive and negative terminal blocks together. This same wire is on my m1008 as well as the m1009. I have no idea how it exists with melting. I have not removed the protective cover from the gizmo so I have absolutely what it does. I cannot even be certain that it is a wire.

cucvrus

I have never been successful locating some of the parts you show. For the glow plugs I have used the 3/16" spades and a short piece of 1/4" fuel hose packed with dielectric grease. The short connection on the 24 Volt busbar is something for radio equipment noise suppression. I think. NOT needed. The fuel return line you can buy in bulk and cut to fit. Carefully remove the small pinch clamps. Also if you don't have to don't remove them at all. The back of the engine has a blocked off nozzle cap. I bought them from GM at one time. Not sure they are available yet. Any 6.2 or 6.5 hose caps works. So you can order all to up to 1996 G3500 van with 6.5 fuel return lines and plug cap and they will fit. Same as pinch clamps. The wire holder clips. I get wire ties that have the clip on the end and use them. 0007563_4-inch-black-miniature-winged-push-mount-cable-tie-100-packattachable .jpg I could buy the clips I GM standard parts catalog at one time. Haven't tried in a while. I also use metal insulated P clips and 1/4" screws to attach. Many things are just not around anymore or very hard to find. I am happy to see the 3/16" glow plug connections as original / unhacked trucks are hard to come by. If you take your time and research things you can get a nice end result. Good Luck. Be Safe and answers to questions are still free and available. DSCF5736.JPGDSCF5737.JPG

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never been successful locating some of the parts you show. For the glow plugs I have used the 3/16" spades and a short piece of 1/4" fuel hose packed with dielectric grease. The short connection on the 24 Volt busbar is something for radio equipment noise suppression. I think. NOT needed. The fuel return line you can buy in bulk and cut to fit. Carefully remove the small pinch clamps. Also if you don't have to don't remove them at all. The back of the engine has a blocked off nozzle cap. I bought them from GM at one time. Not sure they are available yet. Any 6.2 or 6.5 hose caps works. So you can order all to up to 1996 G3500 van with 6.5 fuel return lines and plug cap and they will fit. Same as pinch clamps. The wire holder clips. I get wire ties that have the clip on the end and use them. View attachment 796896 I could buy the clips I GM standard parts catalog at one time. Haven't tried in a while. I also use metal insulated P clips and 1/4" screws to attach. Many things are just not around anymore or very hard to find. I am happy to see the 3/16" glow plug connections as original / unhacked trucks are hard to come by. If you take your time and research things you can get a nice end result. Good Luck. Be Safe and answers to questions are still free and available. View attachment 796897View attachment 796898
Can you provide the source for the clips you show in your first picture? Those look awesome...

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks