• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ingnition Circuit Short?

jkade72

I recently bought a m1008 none running. It was missing the pass inner fender, drivers alt., guage cluster and steering column. Also noticed that a few wire had been cut from the distribution block on the fire wall and one had been butt connected with a new fuseible link. Inside the cab there is a blue plug that plugs into the steering column that has a yellow, red, brown, and pink wire if I remember right. The red and pink wires had been melted so I cut that section out of another truck and replaced it. I also put some inline fuse holders on the wire that went to the dist. block on the firewall. So got a column installed and the batteries hooked up and as soon as you turn the key on it blows one of the inline fuses I installed. All the wires look good and that wire goes back to the fuse block and the harness I replaced. Any ideas????
THanks

littlebob

Good luck, electrical problems suck anyway, but if someone thats clueless messes with it beforehand you got a big job ahead of you. Take CCATLETT1984 advice and get all of the electrical schematics and try and figure out what was done wrong. I would suggest looking for wires of differnt colors that are conected.
littlebob

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've bought 3 of 6 CUCVs so far with electrical parts either cut,missing, etc. USE the TMS, study the wiring, have patience. I got all 3 of them to run eventually, each one had different problems, the 1st one I still have was missing the most, almost all of the under hood wires and dash had been cut. Couldn't really figure it all out until I got both TMs at the Aberdeen show, have fixed 3 more since. good Luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks