• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ingnition Circuit Short?

jkade72

I recently bought a m1008 none running. It was missing the pass inner fender, drivers alt., guage cluster and steering column. Also noticed that a few wire had been cut from the distribution block on the fire wall and one had been butt connected with a new fuseible link. Inside the cab there is a blue plug that plugs into the steering column that has a yellow, red, brown, and pink wire if I remember right. The red and pink wires had been melted so I cut that section out of another truck and replaced it. I also put some inline fuse holders on the wire that went to the dist. block on the firewall. So got a column installed and the batteries hooked up and as soon as you turn the key on it blows one of the inline fuses I installed. All the wires look good and that wire goes back to the fuse block and the harness I replaced. Any ideas????
THanks

littlebob

Good luck, electrical problems suck anyway, but if someone thats clueless messes with it beforehand you got a big job ahead of you. Take CCATLETT1984 advice and get all of the electrical schematics and try and figure out what was done wrong. I would suggest looking for wires of differnt colors that are conected.
littlebob

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've bought 3 of 6 CUCVs so far with electrical parts either cut,missing, etc. USE the TMS, study the wiring, have patience. I got all 3 of them to run eventually, each one had different problems, the 1st one I still have was missing the most, almost all of the under hood wires and dash had been cut. Couldn't really figure it all out until I got both TMs at the Aberdeen show, have fixed 3 more since. good Luck.