• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector pump removal / install

ms1223

My M1009 broke down after the Veterans picnic last Saturday, and was towed to local shop. I/P need replacing.
Where can I get IP removal / install direction for the shop. I checked out the TM's with no luck. Can someone direct me to the correct TM or has a write up I can print out and provide to the shop?

Thanks in advance.
Swifty

K9Vic

If the place you took it to has to ask how to fix something (well anything), I would go some place else. It is no different that any 6.2L or 6.5L diesel engine in any GMC truck.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM 9-2320-289-34 does have a step-by-step for the IP

It is covered in Chapter 3-37

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The OP did not say the shop requested the TM.

Nothing wrong with offering the TM to anyone doing your work.

Information is power. Any intelligent mechanic would appreciate the info(and look through it).

Milkman357

Great write up, and it convinced me to let a professional do it. A local shop will charge me around $450 labor for the install. They will give me a lifetime warranty on the rebuilt one. $602 for the rebuilt injector pump, I would need to buy that either way. I am pretty sure I could do it, but I would probably cuss alot, bruise something important. I knew this would happen someday, when I won this Blazer off of GOVLIQUIDATION. They say they can turn it up 10%.. so I'll like that.

Skinny

Wait...they know how to turn it up but need directions for installation???

I would tackle it myself, not a very difficult job. Your ribs will hurt from leaning over the radiator support but that's it. Biggest thing you can mess up is pump timing or dropping the IP gear bolts down into the engine. Other than that...it's a straight job. I would highly recommend doing it yourself for the experience and save yourself the money. You could get it done on the side of the road if required it's that easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks