• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector pump

CUMMINS

I just put a used injector pump on my deuce and as soon as I got the air bled, it cranked and went to full throttle, and I shut it down with the engine stop cable. but as soon as you crank the engine it goes to wide open throttle. I believe the governor is stuck at wide open, how can I fix this?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the basics, is there a return spring?

The control lever (or "throttle", although as you know a diesel doesn't have a throttle in the gasoline engine sense), only controls a stop within the governor housing. If the governor mechanism isn't moving freely, it may be stuck in "high".
To check, remove the fuel shut-off linkage and cover and check the operation of the lever inside, it should move smoothly.

Attachments

CGarbee

Great timing on this thread... I have a buddy who is having the same problem with a pump (takeoff) that was recently installed in a 530C (duece firetruck).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks