• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector pump

CUMMINS

I just put a used injector pump on my deuce and as soon as I got the air bled, it cranked and went to full throttle, and I shut it down with the engine stop cable. but as soon as you crank the engine it goes to wide open throttle. I believe the governor is stuck at wide open, how can I fix this?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the basics, is there a return spring?

The control lever (or "throttle", although as you know a diesel doesn't have a throttle in the gasoline engine sense), only controls a stop within the governor housing. If the governor mechanism isn't moving freely, it may be stuck in "high".
To check, remove the fuel shut-off linkage and cover and check the operation of the lever inside, it should move smoothly.

Attachments

CGarbee

Great timing on this thread... I have a buddy who is having the same problem with a pump (takeoff) that was recently installed in a 530C (duece firetruck).