• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Insane home Water/meth injection...

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I bought one of those high dollar water injection units from a member on here last year. It's all electronic controled. Haven't had time to install it yet. I was talking to an ex military mechanic that use to work on those engines. He is aware of what alcohol mixed with the water will do to one of those engines. He recommended mixing Glycol antifreeze with the water to keep it from freezing. Like I said, I haven't tried it so proceed with extreme caution. ;)

Last edited:

PyroJoe

Well I bought one of those high dollar water injection units from a member on here last year. It's all electronic controled. Haven't had time to install it yet. I was talking to an ex military mechanic that use to work on those engines. He is aware of what alcohol mixed with the water will do to one of those engines. He recommended mixing Glycol antifreeze with the water to keep it from freezing. Like I said, I haven't tried it so proceed with extreme caution. ;)
Lol..... putting antifreeze in the water probably wouldn't be any different than the motors run anyways since they can't keep a head gasket and both of mine burn water

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pryo, how about an answer?

w3azel

How does the store purchased kit control the flow, and know how to adjust? Is this the popular $1000 kit or an off brand?

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does the store purchased kit control the flow, and know how to adjust? Is this the popular $1000 kit or an off brand?
The flow is controled using a module that turns the system on at a boost pressure of your choice. There is another controller for the flow rate. The adjustments are almost infinite. This system can spry way more water than this engine will ever need. Don't quote me, but I think I payed $600-700 for the kit. The member that was selling them gives SS members a big discount. uploadfromtaptalk1414775142527.jpguploadfromtaptalk1414775155979.jpg

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys don't believe anything I say anyways so I'll quit wasting my time till I have proof. I'll post a vid with specs when I get home in a few weeks. I'm going to GPS the truck, too, to make sure you nitpickers don't have anything to nitpick.

Why can't you tell us how you modified it to run at that rpm?

If you intend to presell/goupbuy or make any deals on the site, you may want to start by building a positive reputation.

rustystud

I once saw a guy at trade school use the shop car dyno to run his freshly built chev 350 cid. His father owned a speed shop in California and supplied all the HiPo parts. It was turning 10,000 rpm just before it blew apart. There was shrapnel all over the place ! The blower went straight up and hit the ceiling, and several rods came out to say HI! It was quite spectacular ! The guy started to cry, literally cry like a baby.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I turned up the govenor behind the IP
The governor is in front of the injection pump.

Just a bit more detail would help us understand what you did to gain rpm.

You must be able to give more detail of the mechanical modification(or how it was done).

Video of a tach will prove nothing imho(it could be a bad tach and you may have a bad speedometer).

Last edited:

Heath_h49008

Yep.. works fine. Forget the corney keg and powering it with truck air. The 24V surflow pumps give all the pressure you need and are cheaper as well as a whole lot easier to plumb.

As for the settings, use the Auber gauge and set the trip to 1000 degrees. The hobbes switch is cheap, but you need a pyro anyway and this is much easier, less prone to waste water.

Have fun.

Last edited:

Domodude17

Interesting! Ever consider doing a build thread thats not strewn over 28 pages? :lol: Did you see any improvements in fuel economy, or was it just an increase in power? How much of a power increase? What did you use as the water container? Just some random thing?

PyroJoe

Heath, I'm curious as well what the benefits are. I'm working on my own home made kit using an Arduino micro processor to read EGT's and boost to variably control 2 nozzles. If it's worth it, I'll make one for the deuce, too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks