• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installed new Sylvania Headlights in M1009

simoncrk

I went to the local parts store and bought 2 Sylvania headlites for a 1985 K5 Chevy Blazer at $20 each, and boy did they make a difference!!! I really don't have any pics to show, but they are much brighter. I suggest if you are goin to do it, go ahead and get new lite adjuster screws as well. Mine were stripped out. They were only $2.99 for a pair, it takes two sets to replace them. Has anyone else done this?:)

armytruck63

I just put the new Sylvania headlights in my Blazer about two weeks ago and I agree, they are much brighter!

I also put in the correct amber bulbs for the front parking lights/turn signals. Someone had clear bulbs in there.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did this about 6 months ago in my Oh-8. One of my originals were of the plastic design and the plastic was faded and somewhere between translucent and opaque. Major difference after new bulbs and adjustment. I could barely see to cross the road, with the old ones, at the GA Rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks