• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing m35 lockout hubs.

Madfarmersson

I know there are several threads about lockout hubs for m35's,
But I am not seeing any on how to install them, I have never tore in
to any lockout hubs before and do not know a thing about them.
I think I may get a set but just want to see how hard they are to install
I will be driving it about 130 miles to a parade in a few weeks so if I get them
I want to install them before I go.

Madfarmersson.:lost:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'll make a video of it and time how fast I can change out a set. Who want's to provide a set of hubs for this? :mrgreen:

houdel

The lockout hubs ship and install as an assembly. The only "loose" parts are the bolts and gaskets. You might want to
consider replacing the gaskets when you install the hubs. This is about the easiest thing you can do on a Deuce. Takes
from 5 to 15 minutes per side depending on your mechanical aptitude & how organized your toolbox is.

two.fiveM35

I am interested and have been tossing around the idea also. Madfarmersson keep us updated if you decide to do it. I'd like to know how much the ride improves.

dabtl

I got the lockouts a couple of years ago from jatonka, the AVM kind.

When I pulled the stock hubs on one of the deuces I was surprised to find no gaskets. I put the gaskets JT sent on both deuces and never looked back.

Well worth the expense. I was shocked at how easy the change out was and how quickly.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The lockout hubs ship and install as an assembly. The only "loose" parts are the bolts and gaskets. QUOTE]

My Selectros are two piece. There is the hub and about an inch thick spacer with 2 gaskets per side.

cyruscat

Installed AVMs in about half an hour. Got torque values from TM.

Big improvement in steering effort, on my truck it cut steering wheel turning force at low speed in half!

Smoother and quieter running on highway. Mileage? Who knows, I run such a mixture of WMO and other stuff I can't really compare.

Imagine it cuts down the spinning mass weight of front axles, drive shaft and transfer case by about 500 lbs. or more

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How do you get hold of a particular person on this site? I cant seem to figure it out. I seem to get into trouble on my punctuation.
You would PM the person in question. You can do that by clicking on the users screen name and selecting private message.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the top left, click on "My Profile" Once you do that there will be a menu that runs along the left side of the page. Click on "Send Private Message" and go from there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks